Labor cost? Hey diesel shops..

Nic

Reaction score
Im getting the HP turbo replaced, studs, all the required gaskets, new rocker arms, new upper and lower radiator hoses and everything. quoted me at 4100...Does this seem right?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Im getting the HP turbo replaced, studs, all the required gaskets, new rocker arms, new upper and lower radiator hoses and everything. quoted me at 4100...Does this seem right?

Way too cheap, that would run you around 7000.00 at our shop.

webb06

Reaction score

Reman hp turbo from ford is like $1700, studs are around $500, rockers are like $200 each side, headgaskets are $200 each side roughly. Plus hoses and other gaskets.

Seems pretty cheap. What's the labor rate?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Seems a little lite to me, what's their hourly rate? Sometimes if they come in low to get you in the door they nail you with crap on the way out.

Reaction score
I would tell them best of luck :pointlaugh:

That is a lot of work to do and u have to also add new fluids hot tank parts " at least that is how we do things " and then you have parts ! Sounds like someone missed some things .

Nic

Reaction score
I have been with this guy since 2010 when he did the work to my 6.0. Im just hoping this is correct. Should have put that I already bought the turbo.

Nic

Reaction score
And that's with all new fluids. I'm not worried about him doing bad work. He has always been straight up with me, and has always done a jam up job and I have never had to bring anything back for a problem. Jus wanted to make sure all this was right because I'm new to the 6.4 side.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Well you having the turbo already is a detail that would have changed a lot of the answers, as well as the guy doing the work being a buddy of yours. Given those two thing sounds like your getting a good deal.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I paid swamps 5000 for my top end build. Price included fluids, studs, springs and pushrods, and decking my brand new heads and labor. I'm sure there was some more lil things that I didn't mention. Awesome work on there part.

Latest posts

Members online