LED Headlight Down

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
So the other night I am getting dinner with my GF and one of my headlights started flickering really quick like a strobe light and then it got slower and slower until...... Nothing.... It's toast... Figured I would post since I haven't heard of an LED bulb dying yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Oracle kit, I have had them in for about a year.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
So the other night I am getting dinner with my GF and one of my headlights started flickering really quick like a strobe light and then it got slower and slower until...... Nothing.... It's toast... Figured I would post since I haven't heard of an LED bulb dying yet.

One of mine just took a dump the other day as well. Same thing, started flickering like a strobe light and then finally nothing.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well this is magical, i was hoping they would be perfectly reliable. Oh well, that's what a lifetime warranty is for i guess.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Maybe our trucks just like to party? The strobe effect is pretty intense....

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I had mine in about a year also and passenger side would flicker on startup. Sent it to Oracle they sent me a new voltage regulator put them in and still flickers. Sent back to Oracle again and just received them back yesterday. Guy said I need this hid harness so for $33 I have this harness I now have to add in also.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Mine will give a flicker now and then and 2 days ago at oreillys I noticed the high beams don't appear to be working maybe josh can chime in since we all have oracle and if I remember correctly it's not lifetime its two year but I could be wrong

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I don't think I'll do leds again. They're not bad but the brights are almost non existent. I have morimoto hids in my 15 and LEDs in my 6.0. I think I'm gonna go back to hids in the 6.0. The light output is just far better. I think for people who live in the City the LEDs work just fine. But all I use my 6.0 for is work and I work in the middle of no where. Having good light output when you're on ****ty roads hours from town is definitely nice. And my LEDs just don't produce the light I would like them to.

Last edited:

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
I recently had lifetime leds and they were horrible. I was ok with the regular bulbs and then went to the superbright and they were so bad with black spots in the light patterns I had to pull them. I am going with hid's which I know won't be perfect but hoping they will be better in the short term.

Jomax

Reaction score
I think the led headlights are extremely overrated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Looks like I will be building a set of projector retrofits for the truck.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trevor008

Reaction score
I've had Lifetime LEDs super brights in mine for a few months with no issue. The output is amazing and I like how they don't seem to travel super far. Only blinds the driver in front of me when I am within a car length away. No pattern discrepancies or flickering here

Mpoage

Reaction score
Mine started flickering and then about a week later they quit completely. I sent them off about 3 months ago and I just pulled them out of the mailbox last night. They still have dirt on them so I hope they were fixed and not just sent back to me. I can't wait for the factory leds in the 17' super dutys.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Looks like I'll stick with hid's after all.

Yup. Same here. Kind of disappointing that LED bulbs aren't lasting the 100,000 hours that they claim. I'm sure it's not the bulb, but somewhere in the wiring that's messing up - but still... I wasn't expecting these kinds of issues so early.

Jassman

Reaction score
I don't think I'll do leds again. They're not bad but the brights are almost non existent. I have morimoto hids in my 15 and LEDs in my 6.0. I think I'm gonna go back to hids in the 6.0. The light output is just far better. I think for people who live in the City the LEDs work just fine. But all I use my 6.0 for is work and I work in the middle of no where. Having good light output when you're on ****ty roads hours from town is definitely nice. And my LEDs just don't produce the light I would like them to.

I'm just realizing that now..same thing. I might switch to HID once I find out on another members here experience is on another LED bulb that he is trying. My son put in HID's..and I'm sure it was a cheap version due to limited funds..all he had was one bad experience after another..Im on the road and need reliability.

Jassman

Reaction score
Looks like I will be building a set of projector retrofits for the truck.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

can someone explain this to me what exactly is this..and is it legal cause I tow boats at night and do not want to get pulled over for the wrong lighting, then they'll check my permit and boat width..to old to be hassled..lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.