Lets talk 5R

6speedsd

Reaction score
Eric. I've been talking to him all morning. Apparently it'll show WOT at a lower percentage when tuned. So that rules a faulty pedal assembly out I think. Truck does the quick shift with stock tuning as well, just not as bad. The bigger the tune, the quicker it shifts.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The shift strategy can be manipulated, I have one that shifts fast, medium and one that holds each gear out for a while. Maybe have him bump the shifts up a little.

6speedsd

Reaction score
He has actually tweaked it 3 times already. Each one changes something a little...some changes good, some bad. Sent me another modified file today. Won't get it loaded until tomorrow though. We shall see how this one acts.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well another tweak down. Still isn't shifting right.

What's weird is that my cold shifts are perfect. But once the temps come up, 3rd and sometimes 5th get really fast. Enable tow/haul, and it'll hold the shifts as it should. Load any tune bigger than a tow file and it'll shift all the way to OD and lock the TC before I hit 45 mph, no matter how hard I'm on the throttle. But I've checked everything I know to check and it all is acting normal. Starting to wonder if she is just possessed.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Might not show or mean anything, but this is AE at idle, truck in park.
4ebe6uta.jpg

At idle, shifter in "D".
reda4ysa.jpg

And in reverse.
9u6y8a4a.jpg

Few questions. Why doesn't it read the shifter position in P, N, or D? R, 3,2,and 1 it reads.

Why am I not getting a pressure reading on solenoid D? I've watched that one while driving and I never saw it read any pressure.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Here's a new one...explain this.

Towed about 7k yesterday, all day long. Had my tow file loaded. Truck shifted absolutely perfect all day long. BUT, last night I dropped the trailer, left the tow file loaded and headed up the road. Very first shift through the gears was quick just like it has been lately. Makes no sense to me.

6speedsd

Reaction score

6speedsd

Reaction score
Another thought popped in my head this morning... stock gear size is 4:10. If the previous owner had swapped in something like a 3:73, could that cause these issues? I'm not saying that's the case, but just throwing out ideas as they come to me. Tag on the rear diff says 4:10, but who's to say it hasn't been changed and the tag never swapped.

Latest posts

Members online