lets talk transmissions

old man dave

Reaction score
I was probably one of the first people in California to get a BTS for about $3400 plus $500 truck freight. I installed it myself. The original torque convertor gave it up after just six weeks of no full throttle driving with stage II injectors and a Banks Transcommand (part of the Banks PowerPack I had installed previously).

Since then, its been 85 thousand miles of seeing full boost daily, 14.5 second quarters and pulling a 10K trailer on occasion. At 50 thousand miles, I though "the edge" was gone from the transmission so I called BTS. Simple answer: just enlarge three holes in the separator plate and the new feeling would be back. Did just that and the new feeling was back.:thumbsup: The hard part was getting all of those little balls back into their original locations. At the same time my brother went through two $3000 "heavy duty" local rebuilds for his turbo IDI in 40 thousand miles making the $3900 I spent seem really inexpensive in the long run.

I''m now in the process of very slowly installing a WOP built girdled engine and called BTS about what to do to the E4OD that I had installed in 2003. He said for an extremely nominal cost (read that as almost unbelievably cheap) he would update the transmission with all of his latest updates.

Do the transmission/supporting mods first.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.