Lets talk tripple turbos!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
post up some sheets i call bull **** on more than one dyno, and the fact that its never been to the track also has me a little less than impressed.

Tripple compounds really should work decent with stockish turbos and a big atmo out in front, as long as the atmo isnt doing a ton of work (under 20 psi) i think it should all work pretty well and make 900 plus pretty easy with great driving manners.

BIG tripple compounds need 125 psi of boost or more to really shine, the whole point of them is to keep pressure ratios in check and keep intake air temps down. More effecient basically is what you are doing with them. If a guy was looking for 1600 or more on fuel and wasnt scared of some big boost numbers, tripple compounds could work well.

2atmos and 1 high pressure work well because the overall rotating mass is less and air flow is equal with 2 smaller chargers than 1 large atmo. the advantage here is spool up, they come on boost much faster than the equivelant larger atmo. Down fall is extra piping and space in most cases money for the 3 turbos.

Personally i think its hard to beat traditional compounds, most set ups only require one gate, no interstage cooling and can handle 100 psi no problem which is more than most need or want to make anyway. You also have less cost in 2 turbos than 3. Piping is generally simpler and easier to deal with.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
post up some sheets i call bull **** on more than one dyno, and the fact that its never been to the track also has me a little less than impressed.

Tripple compounds really should work decent with stockish turbos and a big atmo out in front, as long as the atmo isnt doing a ton of work (under 20 psi) i think it should all work pretty well and make 900 plus pretty easy with great driving manners.

BIG tripple compounds need 125 psi of boost or more to really shine, the whole point of them is to keep pressure ratios in check and keep intake air temps down. More effecient basically is what you are doing with them. If a guy was looking for 1600 or more on fuel and wasnt scared of some big boost numbers, tripple compounds could work well.

2atmos and 1 high pressure work well because the overall rotating mass is less and air flow is equal with 2 smaller chargers than 1 large atmo. the advantage here is spool up, they come on boost much faster than the equivelant larger atmo. Down fall is extra piping and space in most cases money for the 3 turbos.

Personally i think its hard to beat traditional compounds, most set ups only require one gate, no interstage cooling and can handle 100 psi no problem which is more than most need or want to make anyway. You also have less cost in 2 turbos than 3. Piping is generally simpler and easier to deal with.

oh shoosh.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
301979_10150473730397317_486267097_n.jpg

Ill get you some more. Theres none printed after the dual pumps but Ill bet you my trips make more power then your "traditional" compounds same day same dyno. Call it a homemade turbo shoot out.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I don't really consider any form of compounds serious with a stock charger involved. Even if it does work.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
301979_10150473730397317_486267097_n.jpg

Ill get you some more. Theres none printed after the dual pumps but Ill bet you my trips make more power then your "traditional" compounds same day same dyno. Call it a homemade turbo shoot out.

I dont really care honestly, You have put no miles or any passes on it ever so to me thats not a win. We could take them to the track or compare slips or whatever you like. I tell you what tho if you are ever here and feel like putting up on hallers dyno and it does more than what my truck did 2 weeks ago ill buy you dinner or something

And i sold my reg cab anway.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score

lol? Look I dont know why you have a personal vendetta against me maybe its your way of flirting IDK. But its childish. Now I have nothing to prove to you but I would really like for you to eat crow so Im game to throw it on hallers dyno Ill even take my tank to bandimere just for you cupcake.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i got nothing against you, i just know dmitri called you out about having 40 percent load and a huge correction factor to MAKE your truck do over 1000 hp. If it does it on other dynos, great im just saying post it up if you have been on other dynos. And if you want to come to denver ill gladly go to the track with you. Nothing against you at all. Hell ill even drive your truck and give an honest opinion LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know when mine ran on that dyno at 40% load that # was about 50 high at 640 on a tune only ... imagine how inflated it was at 1000 . mine did 596 the next week on a dynojet at sea level .

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
Im pretty sure there was drinking involved. And the other dynos? I know its done it at 25% load I honestly dont know what the load was the first day it did 1k. I also seem think we put to rest that the Custom auto dyno and the haller dyno are very close to each other. Mikes silver truck in st george. Ill see if I still have the slips from the dirt drags last summer.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i wasnt drinking i know that much LOL

superflows can change tho and they were running unloaded that day when they were the same. Next time your in town throw it down on heartbreaker and we will call it good LOL

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Isn't it great when the stars, sun, and moon all line up and you get a piece of paper to wack off to.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im pretty sure there was drinking involved. And the other dynos? I know its done it at 25% load I honestly dont know what the load was the first day it did 1k. I also seem think we put to rest that the Custom auto dyno and the haller dyno are very close to each other. Mikes silver truck in st george. Ill see if I still have the slips from the dirt drags last summer.

yep, when mine ran on both dyno's to confirm #'s for the day, james ran it unloaded. #'s were identicle. at 40% load on stock turbos and stock everything at 40% , at angel stadium, my #'s were retarded high and i wouldnt even let them put them on the board. i had them put the 20% #'s on the board and it was 595 . you werent there, but i sure as hell wasnt gonna let some bogus #'s go my way to win.

Latest posts

Members online