Level kits

dsmracing1

Reaction score
The deavers are nice. I didn’t go with them because I tow heavy and don’t want to have to add airbags. I did, however, swap to the 11+ leaf springs and appropriate add-a-pack. The new 2-leaf springs are much smoother than the 08-10 stuff.

Good to know. I tow heavy too and have airbags so I'll have to ponder how I'll do the new setup....

JRLott

Reaction score
Wonder if it's because the valving in the bilsteins is generic in mine and doesn't work well with the factory coil springs?

My Bilstiens are/were generically valved too, so I'd think they should work at least as well with factory springs as with Carli. The Carli/Bilstien does ride better than the Factory/Bilstein on my 05. It is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison though, since my 05 was a 5.4 gasser.
My post was simply to say I think you'll be a significant order of magnitude or two more pleased with Carli springs and Fox/King shocks than your current setup. One day I'll have some Fox or King shocks for a first hand account. Said day won't be in the immediate future. LOL.

Last edited:

RyanD

Reaction score
I went from stock/bils to Carli 2.5 and the same bils for a few weeks, to just installing the Fox 2.0 carli tuned resis - I have stock leafs/350 blocks out back - truck rides like a dream.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My Bilstiens are/were generically valved too, so I'd think they should work at least as well with factory springs as with Carli. The Carli/Bilstien does ride better than the Factory/Bilstein on my 05. It is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison though, since my 05 was a 5.4 gasser.
My post was simply to say I think you'll be a significant order of magnitude or two more pleased with Carli springs and Fox/King shocks than your current setup. One day I'll have some Fox or King shocks for a first hand account. Said day won't be in the immediate future. LOL.

Ahh right on, yeah I'm really looking forward to doing this setup too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.