Leveling the front?

Strokin572

Reaction score
I have been looking around and haven't really found anything on here so I'll try asking. But since I have had my truck I haven't really payed attention to the rear when I'm under there and today I was hooking up to one of our trailers and my back end was too high so I looked and figured out I have lifting blocks in the rear they look to be 1.5-2" haven't really looked but I have still been wanting to level the front for a long time now and I know why it's so uneven now. As far as I know you CANNOT put lifting blocks on the front, correct? My friend has coils on his 6.0 with a leveling kit but what can I do to level my 97 F250? So what would be the easiest way to go leveling the front of the truck to match the lifting blocks in the rear. And also when I start working this summer should I try finding a D60 and what are the benefits of it.

sootie

Reaction score
it it possible to add a block to the front but you will need longer u-bolts. if you arent interested in lifting the truck at all you could remove the block in the rear. don't be surprised if the rear ends up lower than the front tho.

ToMang07

Reaction score
it it possible to add a block to the front but you will need longer u-bolts. if you arent interested in lifting the truck at all you could remove the block in the rear. don't be surprised if the rear ends up lower than the front tho.

No.

"Blocks" are ILLEGAL in most states in the front, and not safe.

You can try a "mini-spring" pack which essentially is a block for the front, except it's made from leaf-spring like leafs and has a center pin. You can also try add-a-leaf springs, or get longer spring hangers.

sootie

Reaction score
oh sorry, i'm from canada and we put one inch blocks on the front of an F250 back in 04 when the truck was brand new and they are still there today-no issues. Plow truck as well so it has seen some abuse.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Proble with lifting a TTB is getting the alinement corect afterwards...if possible just get a D60, rs kit with SD springs..you will be much happier. PM me if I can help.

stevemic

Reaction score
Im from canada also,Blocks in the front are illegal,will they come out,probably not,but please do it right by buying a new pack or adding a leaf or two

Strokin572

Reaction score
I'm not going to attempt front blocks and total my truck. And as for new pack and whatnot if I have to get alignment afterwards I'll just deal with a low front. Maybe I will come across a D60 sometime.

Strokin572

Reaction score
I just looked on a site and saw a Reverse Shackle Kit which I could get up to a 4.5 inch lift which led me to wonder whats the most I could do for blocks in the rear? And with this kit and SD springs could I use stock length shocks and just put on some new ones?

Latest posts

Members online