Lift - If it was your money!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
im running the icon 4.5 with coilovers, and just added the CDC piggy back shocks on all 4 corners this weekend. I couldnt be happier with the way it all turned out. im also running 7" rear OUO traction blocks and traction bars from OUO

with this kind of stuff you deff pay for what you get.

donniesd

Reaction score
After having some unexpected international travel. I am ready to get back to this.

Here is where i am at. I dont think i need the Steering Stabilizer system on such a small lift.

Any opinions please. Want to keep it under $3K. I just want a nice level and lift.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4.5" Stage 1 Lift System

4.5" Box Kit (Includes Sway Bar Drop Downs, Bump Stop Spacers, and Brake Line Brackets)

4.5" Lift Dual Rate Coil-Spring

Adjustable Pan Rod Bar

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Radius Arm Brackets

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Adjustable Track Bar w/Rod End Upgrade

Icon Vehicle Dynamics TEI Spacer (1")

Coil-over Conversion: -- None --

Front Shock Options: Icon Vehicle Dynamics V.S. 2.0 Aluminum Shocks (x2)

Rear Shock Options: Icon Vehicle Dynamics V.S. 2.0 Aluminum Shocks (x2)

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 6" Fabricated Blocks

Steering Stabilizer Options: -- None --

Icon Vehicle Dynamics Carrier Bearing Shim Kit

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
After having some unexpected international travel. I am ready to get back to this.

Here is where i am at. I dont think i need the Steering Stabilizer system on such a small lift.

Any opinions please. Want to keep it under $3K. I just want a nice level and lift.

That looks like a solid setup man. I don't have a stabilizer on my 3.5'' lift either, and I think it would be a good thing to do at some point, but not completely necessary.

EDIT: Also, if you're planning on 35s on the stock 20s still like your first post said, you might be interested to know that will fit at stock height....

Last edited:

donniesd

Reaction score
That looks like a solid setup man. I don't have a stabilizer on my 3.5'' lift either, and I think it would be a good thing to do at some point, but not completely necessary.

EDIT: Also, if you're planning on 35s on the stock 20s still like your first post said, you might be interested to know that will fit at stock height....

Icon site says

"Clears 35" Tall Tires & 37" Tall Tires w/ Minor Trimming"

TripleE44

Reaction score
Here's 35s on stock 20s at stock height.

F5A-67590D8A4AF8-4202-0000030C74E25DBB_zps8618e6ec.jpg

Most of the suspension companies kinda tell you on the small size. Now, wheel measurements can change what fits. My 20x10s with 35s required me to mess with the bracket on the inside of the bumper a little but now fit perfect(with my 3.5'' lift).

Last edited:

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Bump for my question... Anyone run the King Leveling kit?

havent seen or heard of anyone running that kit at all yet

but when i did my 4.5" lift i was debating on icon or carli, it was bascially king vs icon. Looking at the specs of the coilovers and the shocks they were damn near identical and it was either you wanted them to be black and say icon or have them blue and say king. I went the icon route due to the reputation and mainly because of the deal i got.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Bump for my question... Anyone run the King Leveling kit?

I had considered it on my last truck a long time ago, and searched it on all the sites.

The only negative I found was somewhere that Sage Carli had told someone it would actually lower the travel. If you look at the coilovers(assuming you mean the ones that are direct bolt on) you can see that they have what looks like a coil spacer kinda thing built into the coilover.

I'm kinda considering it for my current truck at some point, just because king coilovers look cool, and I'm sure they ride awesome. I'd bet that they aren't really meant for heavy offroading or prerunning like the carli stuff could take better, but for a daily driver I bet they're great.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I had considered it on my last truck a long time ago, and searched it on all the sites.

The only negative I found was somewhere that Sage Carli had told someone it would actually lower the travel. If you look at the coilovers(assuming you mean the ones that are direct bolt on) you can see that they have what looks like a coil spacer kinda thing built into the coilover.

I'm kinda considering it for my current truck at some point, just because king coilovers look cool, and I'm sure they ride awesome. I'd bet that they aren't really meant for heavy offroading or prerunning like the carli stuff could take better, but for a daily driver I bet they're great.

i learned when doing my lift that by going to a coilover set up that you do loose travel. so that is one thing you take into consideration with any coilover kit

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Agreed, this is why I didn't go coil over with my 2.5.

Being a dealer for carli, I went through this with sage multiple times, I went coil springs instead of coil overs with my 2.5". The 4.5" is really the lowest you want to go without sacrificing a heavy amount of travel. If you want the extra height, you can add a 1" spacer like Eric did.

For what it's worth carli only usues king body's and shafts, the valving is all done specific in house and is no longer considered a "king shock"

Icon builds everything in house, and is just as high of quality. I would recommend either.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys

Just for the record to the OP.. If I could do it all over again, instead of spending money on the height of a 4.5" (I think 37s are needed for a 4.5" lift) I'd do it all over with the highest quality leveling kit (ALA's, OUO traction blocks, and some BIG shocks) and put 35's on it.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys

Just for the record to the OP.. If I could do it all over again, instead of spending money on the height of a 4.5" (I think 37s are needed for a 4.5" lift) I'd do it all over with the highest quality leveling kit (ALA's, OUO traction blocks, and some BIG shocks) and put 35's on it.

I agree w/ this, 2.5" lift seems to be perfect w/ 35s, moving to 4" or 4.5" I think 35s would be better. As far as lift choices go, I'd do Icon, PMF or Carli, as they all seem to make an excellent product and are spoken highly of.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys

This is what I like and the route I'm going.
A 2.5 shock will absorb the bumps in the road and handle MUCH better than a 2.0 remember the weight of the truck when choosing shocks.

All depends on your budget though.