Lifted truck rides super rough!

mbreaux05

Reaction score
Need some help gents! I purchased a 2014 fx4 with a dealer installed 6" pro comp lift. Truck also has 20" fuel wheels on 37" procomp tires.

I'm not sure which "stage" the pro comp lift is, but I would be willing to bet my paycheck that it's their cheapest kit.

The truck is super bouncy and rough, and pretty uncomfortable to ride in.

I emailed procomp twice trying to find a solution, but they have yet to respond to me (been over a month already).

Short of going with a new lift, what can I do to improve my ride quality??

I had a 2011 f150 fx4 that I installed a 6" BDS lift with fox shocks, and it was AMAZING! Hoping to get the ride quality better then stock.

Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxcobra

Reaction score
I would suggest maybe keeping your springs and shocks but swap to the bds 4 link and brackets. The factory radius arm is not made to be pushed that hard even with a drop bracket.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I would suggest maybe keeping your springs and shocks but swap to the bds 4 link and brackets. The factory radius arm is not made to be pushed that hard even with a drop bracket.

your radius arm is fine if it has the proper drop bracket.

shocks will be your first thing to change, than spring. check your tire pressure and see what that is at first.

secstang03

Reaction score
What pressure are you guys recommending would work for the smoothest ride with this setup?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Dont put a 4 link on your truck if you want it to ride better.

One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms up front.

Make sure the shocks are proper for that truck. Maybe consider some Icon shocks in comparrison.

Think about doing something in the rear to keep axle wrap under control

I'd suggest One Up Offroad Bolt On Bars. Changes the way the entire vehicle handles

Thanks

Jared

mbreaux05

Reaction score
I Just checked the air pressure; tires were at 62psi!!!

I dropped them all down to 48 psi. Hopefully this solves the problem.

I've always been told that 35psi is where you want to be. Maybe that's just for passenger cars?

Reaction score
I Just checked the air pressure; tires were at 62psi!!!

I dropped them all down to 48 psi. Hopefully this solves the problem.

I've always been told that 35psi is where you want to be. Maybe that's just for passenger cars?

35 is way too low. Look on the side of the tire, it will give a max pressure, I normally set them 5-10 psi below the max.

Layson

Reaction score
You can look up your tires and they have load charts with a given psi. That will tell you how low you can actually go...

Jayz

Reaction score
I run mine at 35 psi, still well within the the weight capacity of the truck and passengers.....can't pull a trailer that low but I don't tow anyways. Makes a huge difference in ride. Also swap them shocks out, even if ya just got with 5100 bilsteins it'll be night and day difference from them procomp shocks.

RSK

Reaction score
i'd drop the tires down to 45 psi in all 4 corners that should help a ton...they had my toyo open country mt's at 60 or 65 psi when i left the tire place, immediately dropped them all to 45 and it rides pretty well now. also having nice fox shocks valved by carli suspension for a super duty and the street help a lot...

mbreaux05

Reaction score
i'd drop the tires down to 45 psi in all 4 corners that should help a ton...they had my toyo open country mt's at 60 or 65 psi when i left the tire place, immediately dropped them all to 45 and it rides pretty well now. also having nice fox shocks valved by carli suspension for a super duty and the street help a lot...

I'll drop them from 48 to 45 in the am. I have not driven the truck yet since I went from 62 to the 48. Hopefully it makes a big difference.

I saw the Carli fox commuter valved shocks on one of their vendor websites for $692. I think it was only for 2.5in though.

Anyone know who has the best prices for these shocks but for 6" applications?

I've been out of the lifted scene for a while (this is my first diesel also) so I'm not sure who the reputable vendors are. Any military friendly ?

Thanks

BBottoms

Reaction score
I can get down to around 52-53 psi before my light comes on. They can be reprogrammed for lower pressure with the right equipment.

mbreaux05

Reaction score
So I took the truck out today. First thing, the low tire pressure light was on ;(. Guess I'll keep slowly adding air until it goes off?

Secondly, the ride was a little better, but still far off on where I would like it.

With that being said, what fox shocks to go with (or Any brand for that matter) that won't break the bank and will work with a 6" lift? Truck only sees street and rarely tows!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Fox 2.0's seem to be really nice shocks for the money, we just put some on my dads truck and it helped the ride out quite a bit. The Icont 2.0's are nice as well. It depends on what your budget it on how far you want to go but a 2.5 shock sure is nice I couldn't believe the difference going from icon 2.0's to Icon 2.5 resi's

Latest posts

Members online