light bar pics

truckman1974

Reaction score
That looks wicked! I have a 20" in my bumper and rather impressed with the output; can't imagine how bright a 40" is. The curved fits the bumper so perfectly.

I'm curious too on the brightness.......I mean, if I'm going to spend a couple hundred bucks or so, it better perform! You know? Cuzican, let us know how bright that sucker is, maybe post a couple pics for us........thanks brother!

RyanD

Reaction score
Quick question about the install - what gauge wire did you guys use? I've got a 20" on the way and I'd like to go ahead and run the wires from an up fitter switch to the bumper. Not sure what gauge I should use. Also, did you all just ground these on the body somewhere? Thanks!

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
The Cree led bars are stupid bright. I'd definitely spend money on one. My friend uses them on his rental rzrs in Colorado. No issues at all with his.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Quick question about the install - what gauge wire did you guys use? I've got a 20" on the way and I'd like to go ahead and run the wires from an up fitter switch to the bumper. Not sure what gauge I should use. Also, did you all just ground these on the body somewhere? Thanks!

I will let him answer on the gauge wire (might check the online installation manual for the one you ordered, if available, and see what they recommend for the gauge). Anything you hook up to a vehicle that requires a ground can be grounded on the body/chassis of the vehicle or some people like to run a wire to the Negative terminal of the battery, but you don't HAVE to do it that way. A self tapping screw into the chassis/body or remove a bolt and then put the wire under that bolt (with the proper terminal head on the wire so it's professional) and tighten it back down you'll be fine. Just make sure it's metal to metal and part of the frame/chassis/body of the truck and you'll be all set.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score

I think I used 14 gauge for my 20" if I remember correctly. For grounding, there was a bolt that went into the body right by trigger wire for the upfitter switches that I used.

Alex340

Reaction score
Dual 40" in the bumper, two 30" behind the grille, and a set of pods in the fogs on my 2014

Attachments

• IMG_3490.JPG
    IMG_3490.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3332.JPG
    IMG_3332.JPG
    641 KB · Views: 256

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Dual 40" in the bumper, two 30" behind the grille, and a set of pods in the fogs on my 2014

Personally I think that's just overkill. Unless you're trying to land a 747 on the highway at night there's no need for all that. But that's just my .02. To each their own

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Thanks man! I appreciate it! I know everyone has their own opinion to building trucks. But I love the way mine turned out!

4 lightbars... I dare somebody to drive towards you with their brights on. lol probably looks like a stadium coming down the road.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Thanks man! I appreciate it! I know everyone has their own opinion to building trucks. But I love the way mine turned out!

I think it came out really cool too. I don't want to lose my front grill or fog lights, but I like the curved light mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm going to explore the option of seeing if a 40" could fit down under the bumper, in front of the valance.... We'll see. I'm not sure if it would fit or if the valance would have to be modified...

either way, looks nice on your ride, and looks like about $1000 too just in those lights up front! lol....

Alex340

Reaction score
I think it came out really cool too. I don't want to lose my front grill or fog lights, but I like the curved light mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm going to explore the option of seeing if a 40" could fit down under the bumper, in front of the valance.... We'll see. I'm not sure if it would fit or if the valance would have to be modified...

either way, looks nice on your ride, and looks like about $1000 too just in those lights up front! lol....

I look forward to seing that if you do it man! I think that would look good. Sometimes I do miss my factory grill, but once I put the light bars in mine it set it off for me. And yeah, somewhere in that price range lol :lookaround:

smcox1

Reaction score

Damn nice looking setup! I want to put two 30's behind the grille and another 50" on the roof of my obs. It already has a 20" in the bumper and a 50" on the roof.

Alex340

Reaction score
Damn nice looking setup! I want to put two 30's behind the grille and another 50" on the roof of my obs. It already has a 20" in the bumper and a 50" on the roof.

Lol I bet your lighting up the sky already yourself!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.