Limited slip broke?

Kent94

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have the 3:73 LS rear axle. Before I tuned and deleted I burned out a few times and it laid posi. Then I deleted and tuned and never really beat on the truck and never noticed that the limited slip wasn't kicking in till I left and strip and only the right tire went the left would not spin. Even stuck pulling a trailer it wont spin. But on a gravel road if I punch it both tires spin. I've read that the lockers in these trucks stock are garbage. Not sure if its broken or not. Bout to turn back to stock and bring in for warranty work. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues.

Kent94

Reaction score
Just crack them loose first then it'll lock and you should be good.

What do you mean? I had my 50hp tune on and let into it easy till the tire started to spin and the left would not catch. I forgot to mention I have traction control. I left it on and it just defuels and no power so I have to turn off not sure if that would affect it?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Why does it do that?

Hey guys, I have the 3:73 LS rear axle. Before I tuned and deleted I burned out a few times and it laid posi. Then I deleted and tuned and never really beat on the truck and never noticed that the limited slip wasn't kicking in till I left and strip and only the right tire went the left would not spin. Even stuck pulling a trailer it wont spin. But on a gravel road if I punch it both tires spin. I've read that the lockers in these trucks stock are garbage. Not sure if its broken or not. Bout to turn back to stock and bring in for warranty work. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues.

You already know

sootie

Reaction score
the clutches are worn out likely. just rebuild it.

...or do yourself a big favour and put a truetrac in it.

Kent94

Reaction score
Ya I guess I will. P. I. T. A. Wen u can't go anywhere in 2wheel. I have warranty so Ill just bring it in see what they say

fordman2121

Reaction score
Like said above, don't waste your time on a factory unit. I rebuilt one and on high horsepower starts it still wont hold. Ill never rebuild the factory ls again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.