list of parts for 1000+

PSDEng

Reaction score
I don't see the great ness in the solve all, swap in a cummins, statement.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Me either....the way I see it, most folks just don't have the patience to build a solid running 7.3.

.... also NOT looking to p-pump it.
Is a common rail 7.3, or mechanical injected 7.3 out of the question?

Looks like he isn't into going mechanical with it at least.

If I had $20k sitting around I would of Ppumped my 7.3 truck but at the end of the day dollar for dollar it ain't worth it

Get on YouTube and search for Bruce Balish and his Black Hearted truck and tell me a 7.3 can't be up in the money....I could probably spit off a few more guys with comparable trucks.

My point is, once you get to a full-competition level, they all cost about the same.

Last edited:

baderic03

Reaction score
I would beg the differ my build on my new 12v is a fraction of the cost to make the same power with a 7.3. Don't get me wrong I love the 7.3s great motor but when you look at cost to cost to make over 550-600 rwhp a ppump motor walks all over a 7.3

PSDEng

Reaction score
I would beg the differ my build on my new 12v is a fraction of the cost to make the same power with a 7.3. Don't get me wrong I love the 7.3s great motor but when you look at cost to cost to make over 550-600 rwhp a ppump motor walks all over a 7.3

550-600 rwhp isn't a full competition build in my book. As a matter of fact, I think that that power level is becoming relatively common in the 7.3 community.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I can't believe that I am posting this.

You can not built a competitive 7.3 HEUI truck to run in my part of the country - no amount of time, money, or patience will allow you to smack down 1200 flywheel horsepower on a 2.6 spec charger.

I do think that 1Krwhp is possible fuel only on a HEUI truck - but it doesn't fit the class rules in my part of the country for sled pulling and be competitive. It requires innovative and efficient construction of the the injectors and supporting systems. You must do everything possible to maximize efficiencies in induction, combustion, and exhaust - because you can't leave anything on the table.

If you TRULY want to keep the 7.3 - you should at least consider a fuel injection system swap. If you tell me that it costs too much - then perhaps you should re-evaluate your goals to suite your budget.

PSDEng

Reaction score

You can not built a competitive 7.3 HEUI truck to run in my part of the country - no amount of time, money, or patience will allow you to smack down 1200 flywheel horsepower on a 2.6 spec charger.

I do think that 1Krwhp is possible fuel only on a HEUI truck - but it doesn't fit the class rules in my part of the country for sled pulling and be competitive. It requires innovative and efficient construction of the the injectors and supporting systems. You must do everything possible to maximize efficiencies in induction, combustion, and exhaust - because you can't leave anything on the table.

If you TRULY want to keep the 7.3 - you should at least consider a fuel injection system swap. If you tell me that it costs too much - then perhaps you should re-evaluate your goals to suite your budget.

Completely understandable, but neither the OP or myself live in the midwest...neither does baderic for that matter. I'm not sure what the competition is like on the west coast, but I would bet that it's nothing like the midwest.

I'm not here saying that the 7.3 is the badest, meanest, best pulling platform out there, I'm trying to convey what you stated in your post, and that's that when people realize how much is "on the table" they tuck their tail between their legs, insert their tampons, and buy a cummins....

Last edited:

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Injection rate. HEUI system does not easily have the capability to move the volume of fuel required at the speed required to make 1000hp without nitrous
edit- :doh: was not aware there was three pages, read first one only

Last edited:

six.oh

Reaction score

In california, there is only about 5 diesel pull trucks. all are between 800-1000hp. i realize that the injection system is really what will hold it back but i would like to know what is going to be needed to keep it together. Obviously I know thins like cam, girdle, rods, pistons etc...but I'm wondering what brands to buy. I'm also curious about machine work that needs to be done.

a 6.4 swap has also been considered.

smoker00

Reaction score
Try gohypermax.com this is who I got my bottom end stuff threw..
Then as far as I know it just a line bore and a balance..

If there not a sponsor I apologize..

As far as turbo/turbos the one you have should work well just do a tighter ex. Housing with a 60 mm gate.. and a big O Low pressure charger.. I would say no less than 95 mm..

Thats what im doing right or wrong will see.. when i had my LP Made the compressor is 96mm in and 133mm ex. On a gt60r or gt55r frame I can't remember..

And look at a half fill on the block..

If this post is messed up sorry it was on my phone..

baderic03

Reaction score
It's way more impressive to build a motor fuel only and lay down big numbers and not spray the house down to make them in my opion

Strokersace

Reaction score
like the title says, whats needed for 1000+? our truck is a pull truck in california, and its basically an unlimited class. the only injectable you can run is water. I already know the expenses that will be involved, and i don't want to hear to just put a cummins in it haha. I want to know a list of parts that its going to take to keep it together. thanks for reading, input appreciated -Ross

All you guys mucking up this thread and spouting off about puttin a cumminGs in it, you guys don't read all that well. He made the disclaimer in his 1st post. If you can't read and give sensable input to help him achieve his goals with a 7.3, then don't bother!!:gun:

Latest posts

Members online