little haze while idle

silver6four

Reaction score
noticed the other day on a coldstart up that i have a lite haze when started first time in the morning.. its done it for a while but didnt think much of it.. has not got much below 40 degrees here yet.. cant tell if it does it after its warm due to ccv dumping out in front of rear tire and cant really tell if its doing it..so question is.... is this bad??65000 miles.. as well while im asking.. is it confirmed that the ccv does actual damage not just sends the haze through the inner cooler ... and yes ive seen pics of insides of intakes and inner coolers... just tired of the smoke and smell and dont want to spend the $ on a ccv catch can..am i just bitching for no reason or does anyone feel my pain??

6.4f350

Reaction score
CCV back into the intake doesn't hurt anything other than it can make a mess and may slightly reduce the efficiency of your intercooler. It's actually better for the engine because there is a slight vacuum pulling on the crankcase which is ideal. You can achieve the same thing by routing it into the exhaust but then you'll have the vapor/fumes coming from your tailpipe.

As far as haze on cold start I wouldn't be concerned as long as you don't have excessive crankcase pressure/blow by which would indicate a sealing problem in one or more cylinders. My truck with cut pistons and two bad glow plugs idles like dog **** on a 40*F cold start if I don't immediately drive it or set it on high idle.

Latest posts

Members online