Load distribution hitch

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Mine is basically the same with the chains, all I've ever seen in person is ones with chains. Im pretty excited to try this out now

GreenMachine

Reaction score
figured id throw some pictures up.

found online, not my pictures**

this is the set up we have.
DSC02876-L.jpg

has built in sway control, the gold bars bolted to the bottom of the tongue.

my buddies parents have something like this on their travel trailer.
reese-01.jpg

the only difference is with theirs they have an extra bar on one side for sway control.

I know you already have your set up, but i just wanted to put a picture on what i was talking about. we use a pipe to flip the pieces up after hooking the chains to it.

The setup your buddy has with the gold on it are dual cams. I know my old man tried out a setup with dual cams originally and they didnt work for him. He ended up with the same setup as yours which is just the bars and chain, no cams underneath the bars.

Emery19

Reaction score
actually we have the set up with the dual cams. my buddy has the set up in the second picture. we never had any problems with the dual cam set up. my dad said its his favorite setup hes used. why didnt it work for your old man?

GreenMachine

Reaction score
actually we have the set up with the dual cams. my buddy has the set up in the second picture. we never had any problems with the dual cam set up. my dad said its his favorite setup hes used. why didnt it work for your old man?

Not sure.

The excursion is one of the best tow vehicles and at the same time one of the worst.

I swear he is always adjusting setups. No matter what he does it seems like the draft from a semi walks him all over the road.

I was towing a 36' fifth wheel on a buddies duramax dually following him to Maryland this summer on I95 and id see a semi coming in the mirror, It would pass me and i would feel nothing driving the fifth.

Id watch him pass my dad in the Ex with the 33' tag along and my old man would be swaying in the breeze.

He runs the regular bars like your buddies parents and still needs a small friction bar on it to keep sway to a minimum.

And yes we did a complete suspension swap based on Cary's setups. Ex has X- codes and bilsteins all the way around. Not sure what the rear has but i Know its an upgraded leaf based on Cary's Recommendations.

And it has a Hellwig rear bar.

So overall the bars help big time, but sometimes i feel like they arent the end all be all solution.

Latest posts

Members online