Locking out overdrive

Merc82

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but is there any tunes out there that allow you to lock out overdrive? I find myself getting under the turbo at the wrong time in crappy South Florida traffic. I usually tap the brake to unlock and build RPMs. But is there any thing out there that allows you to just turn it off?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
a custom tune builder should be able to do that for you with the tow haul button.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Are you still running that S2 turbo? I can't remember.

TSD has some great tunes... and they do exactly what you want. They have espeically worked hard on tunes for the non-vgt and larger vgt guys to help with drive-ability with regards to shifting, spool up, and OD engagement.

Send them an email

[email protected]

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I agree with Charlie on this one! I got tsd tunes through him, and they run really good. On both the super panty dropper and tow tune the overdrive is locked out with the tow haul button. Makes it real nice when you are lugging it going up hill in a 55 zone, or just stuck behind someone putting. Cancelling the overdrive out brings you up on the turbo, so onc you get to go normal speed and drop the hammer it hardly smokes at all.

Merc82

Reaction score
Are you still running that S2 turbo? I can't remember.

TSD has some great tunes... and they do exactly what you want. They have espeically worked hard on tunes for the non-vgt and larger vgt guys to help with drive-ability with regards to shifting, spool up, and OD engagement.

Send them an email

[email protected]

Yup, still running the S2 VGT. Need to hit you up on that turbine upgrade.

I have been running TSD tuning since I studded it over a year ago and love it. Paired with PHP FICM tunes it is tits. This is great to know that I can have Chris write me a tune with this in it. I will send him and email. It can be such a pain merging into traffic and it locks up too quick. I heard he revised his SPD tune as well.

Merc82

Reaction score
So I got the revision for my SPD tune over a week ago (thanks, Charlie) I opted to extended the shift points, lock out OD and try the open vane at idle option. I had some computer issues, that is why it took me so long to load it (suck it windows 10!). But got it straight and loaded the tune last night and took it out for a cruise today to help the trans relearn. What a cool tune! At idle, the truck sounds great, I previously added two Dynomax Bullet mufflers to calm down the whistle. Now, it is just plain gone at idle. Which makes me feel better about leaving early in the morning around the neighbors. I was informed that their might be a very slight amount of lag with that option, I didn't notice anything. It shifted very nice as well and not too aggressive driving through town. I only hit the highway for a one mile stretch, but man, was it nice not locking into OD on the on ramp before I merged on the interstate. Power wise, I am not sure, I am sure it is about the same as my old SPD tune, I know what to expect. I did not get on it because I want to let the trans relearn. I will get more highway time tomorrow on my commute to work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.