Long Cranking all of a sudden

Addicted4

Reaction score
Injector o-rings, mine is doing this right now and I have a set of orings on order so next week I will be doing them. Only ways I know for the res to drain is ipr and injector orings. Spend the afternoon and $60 bucks and swap them out. Also good time to check glow plugs while apart. Good luck

95powersmoker

Reaction score
I asked about compression because you said it hit 500 psi in a second or less, and DC began to climb substantially before the engine fired.

Ya, looking at the datalog, it seems to me that the ICP is over 500 pretty immediately which should start the truck. While its sitting there spinning over, the DC is climbing towards max and finally it fires off and the ICP usually hits 2000+ psi once it starts, then comes back into check.

psduser1

Reaction score
Ya, looking at the datalog, it seems to me that the ICP is over 500 pretty immediately which should start the truck. While its sitting there spinning over, the DC is climbing towards max and finally it fires off and the ICP usually hits 2000+ psi once it starts, then comes back into check.

Old rigs...:(

Addicted4

Reaction score
curious if you resolved your issue yet, I would look at the injector O-rings. I pulled my injectors couple days ago and found damaged O-rings on 6 injectors and the only issue I seen was the long crank

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Not yet. When I get a free day I plan to take the top off the hpop Rez and see if I can find a leak . I'm thinking its a pump seal allowing the oil to drain back.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got a free day yesterday without rain. Took off the hpop rez and looked. It's holding oil in the lower portion of the rez that the screen sits in. Just draining the upper portion of the rez. So I think that denotes the pump seal being in good shape. How could half the rez drain?

Latest posts

Members online