Looking for a aftermarket front bumper

old96stroker

Reaction score
I am looking for a new front bumper for my 2006 f250 that will provide some protection for the front clip (I hit a deer yesterday). The truck is a 2wd so I am not wanting something overly huge but that still offers a good bit of protection.

MT_Diesel

Reaction score
I've done a good bit of looking and for me the Buckstop Outback bumper will be the one I'm going with. I like the Baja look (like Trail Ready's version) but want more protection for the headlights fenders and hood. With the buckstop, I like that I can remove the grill guard without having to remove the whole bumper. I also like that the center section is 1/4" plate whereas most others are 3/16".

Lots of good options out there depending on your personal preference on aesthetics and your budget. Road armor (not sure if they've addressed there customer service issues), trail ready, and ranch hand all have a pretty good following.

K_Hood

Reaction score
I had a Frontier on my Dodge, really loved the more modern design of it and it wasn't overly heavy and obnoxious IMO. I'd love to have one on my Ford, but no place around here carries them and shipping from Texas would probably be absurd.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Kykickinit, if you are talking about my front bumper, no bueno, It is smashed all to hell from hitting a deer. Thank you Josh I will research those bumpers and get in touch with you. We still don't know if the truck is totalled or not.

scagle1

Reaction score
Second the Frontier bumper. Ranch hand like but a bit more durable.
I went with their extreme series after the high dollar Iron Cross bumper I had just got crumpled like tin foil in a t bone wreck a year ago. Worked out as a blessing as the sorry Iron Cross bumper shimmied on the outside corners and showed up gouged and scratched but that was not their problem.
The Frontier was 1/2 the price. Buddy has same one on his Chevy and hit a deer at 70 with no damage other than breaking a headlight where the deer head flopped into the housing.

Attachments

• IMG_20140520_161234.jpg
    IMG_20140520_161234.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 88

K_Hood

Reaction score
A lot of Frontier fans here, yall are making me miss having one even more now LOL. Java, that looks great with those wheels. Everything goes together well.

Here's the one I had on my Dodge for another reference. Sorry for the low quality pic, it was taken a few years ago. I would love another one for my Ford.
Dodge_zpsaavg6aam.jpg

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I personal like fusion bumpers and that's what I run on my 2009.

IMG_20150412_182225864_zpsrljapd6w.jpg

IMG_20150411_151727698_HDR_zpskxebaou2.jpg

I think they look really good on the 05-07 as well and you can ad options like the bar and led lights.

FusionBumperb050702_zpsolc4ys2k.jpg

Latest posts

Members online