looking for a link to intake plenum gaskets

OSCS

Reaction score
i tried wop's website with no luck if anyone knows where i can find a set lmk.. i dont want to use rtv as i will be pulling mine often

OSCS

Reaction score
I did Saturday but they had left for the day I will try again today if I don't find a link

OSCS

Reaction score
So you dont like the O ring deal... but you want to run a gasket...

hummmmm...

I liked the o ring idea, that's why I purchased them in the first place. My beef was with them not being a one peice design like I had interpreted. With a solid O-ring I have no doubt they would have worked. I got a prototype Oring that failed. I returned them due to a faulty seal on the neck

Last edited:

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
So you dont like the O ring deal... but you want to run a gasket...

hummmmm...

joe there was a slight oversight with his set as there was mine....mine didnt have the ford gray rtv in the screw on section of the plenums either but no big deal i put some in there and its fine....as far as the oring leaking he was running the prototype oring as was i and there were sections of the orings that were glued or melted together to make it since clay hadnt quite got his custom molded orings from his supplier yet....im sure oscs like myself was told about this and that he would get a set of the proper orings sent out to him asap from clay...when you run new items you should be a little understanding about the situation....the one thing i agree with oscs is the fact the plenums were kinda in a way marketed as a one piece plenum but are in fact a two piece....not really an issue once you put the rtv in the neck.....no big deal imo but oscs just let his emotions get the better of him....oh well it happens....since then i have received and installed my custom molded orings from clay and they work great...no leaks...didnt really want to bring up a topic that got so heated and all threads were locked about this particular item but did feel the need to explain what the situation was and the product itself is actually very well built and thought out....im in no way a riffraff nutswinger either but he does make some neat products....

to the op sorry dude for the derail and im curious as to why your plenums will be coming off several times? also are you ex navy?

OSCS

Reaction score
joe there was a slight oversight with his set as there was mine....mine didnt have the ford gray rtv in the screw on section of the plenums either but no big deal i put some in there and its fine....as far as the oring leaking he was running the prototype oring as was i and there were sections of the orings that were glued or melted together to make it since clay hadnt quite got his custom molded orings from his supplier yet....im sure oscs like myself was told about this and that he would get a set of the proper orings sent out to him asap from clay...when you run new items you should be a little understanding about the situation....the one thing i agree with oscs is the fact the plenums were kinda in a way marketed as a one piece plenum but are in fact a two piece....not really an issue once you put the rtv in the neck.....no big deal imo but oscs just let his emotions get the better of him....oh well it happens....since then i have received and installed my custom molded orings from clay and they work great...no leaks...didnt really want to bring up a topic that got so heated and all threads were locked about this particular item but did feel the need to explain what the situation was and the product itself is actually very well built and thought out....im in no way a riffraff nutswinger either but he does make some neat products....

to the op sorry dude for the derail and im curious as to why your plenums will be coming off several times? also are you ex navy?

You explained it perfectly. I just got a sour taste in my mouth and decided to go another direction. I've been known to get heated easily. Honestly I like the design just not happy with the way things played out.. Oh well

I'll be removing the plenums Becuase I am toying around with a side by side compound turbo setup. I'm trying to keep them in the valley. Thanks junkie for the idea LOL

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score

I have no issue with Clay or his product. I think its the best design on the market yet...

I have an issue with a guy trashing someone because he read something that was not there... Then decides he wants a gasket...

Just found it rather comical.

OSCS

Reaction score
I have no issue with Clay or his product. I think its the best design on the market yet...

I have an issue with a guy trashing someone because he read something that was not there... Then decides he wants a gasket...

Just found it rather comical.

My beef was never with the O-ring design or gasket so your comments regarding the situation are irrelevant and argumentative. Anyways let's please try to keep this thread in the original direction.

OSCS

Reaction score
I was referring to a side by side configuration in the rear of the valley.. Nevermind

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Oh yes, compounds like a stock 6.4 setup. Yep :D

I misread :doh:

That's the one.. Going to start mocking up to see if it will work pretty soon. Got some bored machinists at work helping to see If it jives. If so ill be sure to send one to your door for the inspiration

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Then your fiancé will have no choice but to let you drop the cash on a compound setup LOL

Latest posts

Members online