Looking for a used stage 1 powermax

Racerorr

Reaction score
I have decided to detune my truck for several reasons. I have sold my turbo and injectors and am currently running my truck stock. I forgot what a turd these trucks are. I'm looking for a used upgrade for 155cc injectors with stock nozzles.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
You could get a VGT from me stage 1 that would work great with the 155, and is 850.00 + shipping with billet wheel and add 450.00 refundable core charge. You could get a powermax, I think performance truck products has them the cheapest 1175.00 free shipping, or go to Barder turbo shop on here and try his stage 1 for 950.00, just giving you options.

Vanillaant

Reaction score
What's the difference between a Stage 1 from you, a Powermax, or a stage 1 from the other guy? Those look like pretty reasonable prices, compared to this local guy with a 6.0, who spent like $2500 or something for a BD thruster for his truck. How would those compare?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
We have one that was used for a Diesel Power Magazine test, it was just run for the test and then sent back to us. We had Garrett go through it and check it back out and its in perfect condition and still under warranty. It could be yours for 900.00 shipped any where in the lower 48.

Bubba88

Reaction score
I've had one of Adrian's Stage 1 turbos (back when they were DuraStroke's) and it ran like a scalded dog on stock sticks. It was an excellent turbo. I've got his Stage 2 now and LOVE it and it spools like a stocker. Adrian is a great guy who backs his stuff up.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
What's the difference between a Stage 1 from you, a Powermax, or a stage 1 from the other guy? Those look like pretty reasonable prices, compared to this local guy with a 6.0, who spent like $2500 or something for a BD thruster for his truck. How would those compare?

The stage 1 from me will spool faster a out of the box powermax, the stage 1 from the Barder should do the same since both have the 13 blade wheel, and billet compressor wheel. The powermax with same 11 blade compressor wheel really makes a difference, and is a very good turbo with bigger then stock injectors. The BD thruster I can't comment on since I never ran one myself, but I think there are better alternatives for less money. I noticed that the poster had a Non-VGT before and didn't ask or hat would also be a option.

We have one that was used for a Diesel Power Magazine test, it was just run for the test and then sent back to us. We had Garrett go through it and check it back out and its in perfect condition and still under warranty. It could be yours for 900.00 shipped any where in the lower 48.

That's a good price for a powermax, and a good way to go.

I've had one of Adrian's Stage 1 turbos (back when they were DuraStroke's) and it ran like a scalded dog on stock sticks. It was an excellent turbo. I've got his Stage 2 now and LOVE it and it spools like a stocker. Adrian is a great guy who backs his stuff up.

Thanks Nate, glad you still love the turbo.

Vanillaant

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer MAD. It looks like there are A LOT of turbo options out there now.

That's good to know Bubba.

imelmo

Reaction score
We had Garrett go through it and check it back out and its in perfect condition and still under warranty.

What in the world does Garrett know about turbos? At the most he'd hand it over to Jason to look at. LOL :D

Thanks for the answer MAD. It looks like there are A LOT of turbo options out there now.

That's good to know Bubba.

Don't know how big of a rush you're in but I'll probably be selling mine in a month or so to go bigger. It's a Powermax with a billet wheel from Fleece.

Latest posts

Members online