Looking for info on VGT vs. non-VGT.

ford rules

Reaction score
They will either leak or not, if they leak you will have hard hot starts. The pump would be able to keep up with a small leak under heavy load with stock injectors. But normally if they leak they will show signs of it, as in a hard start/long crank.
Just change the STC fiting, stand pipes and dummy plugs when its apart and forget about it.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
other than new spings or different open vs closed heights, no.

I was worried about this exact same thing when I ordered my last set of injectors. I wanted a set of 225/75 injectors... so I ordered a set of injectors cut to 285/75s knowing that I would only flow about 225-240cc of fuel at about 2.0-2.4ms. I had them flow benched at 2.4 and they flowed 239cc of fuel. That should cut down on the amount that the spring is being compressed and should help combat that problem. It should also help not to have to fight the resistance of compressing the spring so much... but those are just theories that I am trying out on this build

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Kc, just wondering why you went with a 285 knowing the 75% would only flow 240cc, wouldn't it had been better to have a 245cc injector to match your nozzels?

Wouldn't it be less wear on the internals and such?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I believe he did so because knowing the spring tension will get weak and settle...he went bigger just in case it did so that he'd still have them put out his desired 225-240cc.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
One needs to understand how a heui injector works. If stock injectors were built to utilize all the stroke there would be no gains on a stock truck with programming....

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
One needs to understand how a heui injector works. If stock injectors were built to utilize all the stroke there would be no gains on a stock truck with programming....

Exactly.

Btw any piston cut shorter than stock on a big tune will wear the spring out in short time. I replace the spring every injector i take apart. Doesn't matter what size the injector,

Hellen Keller sent this?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Kc, just wondering why you went with a 285 knowing the 75% would only flow 240cc, wouldn't it had been better to have a 245cc injector to match your nozzels?

Wouldn't it be less wear on the internals and such?

I did it for multiple reasons. First off I wanted to see how much 75% nozzles could actually flow. Also I want to keep from compressing the spring all the way. The closer you get to completely compressing the spring... The more the spring pushes back. That theoretically could help with icp. Also there is the issue of wearing the spring out. I stopped at 285s because if u go too big then you have to change out certain parts that shorten the life of the injector.

Another reason is because if I want more fuel then all I have to do is put on larger nozzles.

Finally... I am not an injector builder but I wanted to test a couple of different theories on this build and try something different

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.