Looking for springs to level my truck

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I'm looking to level my truck. It does sit a tad lower on the drivers front so I was thinking of just getting new springs. I have F350 blocks to put in and a icon adjustable track bar too for the front. So what springs would level or get close to level with the f350 blocks?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I always have just cut a spare set of springs I got apart and put two on each side... Make sure you put the same springs on right side as left if you go that way.

Milford

Reaction score
My truck has one extra leaf on each side for the weight of my snowplow and i have 350 blocks in tje rear with air bags and it fits a 285 75 nicely and it sits level or with no air in tje bags it has just a little rake to it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Measure the gap between the tire/fender. When I leveled mine, I had about 4.5" difference front to back.... I added X-codes (2") and a 2" mini-spring pack, gave me 4" even. Looks lifted now.... I know a guy with a 4" lift on his 250.... it only sits 1" taller than mine, lol!

Tires034.png

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
I talked to a vendor about the mini spring pack, they recommended the spring hanger lift as it rode better. In your case, I think I see plow attachement, so you prob need the springs.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I talked to a vendor about the mini spring pack, they recommended the spring hanger lift as it rode better. In your case, I think I see plow attachement, so you prob need the springs.

Well, it rides great the way I have it now. Only difference is I don't hit the bump stops anymore, lol!

TARM

Reaction score
Pick up a set of X codes front springs. Those are the ones they use for those sold with the plow package. IMO all the trucks including the Excursions should have been sold stock with these springs. They give a great ride and yet not harsh but responsive.

TARM

Reaction score
That is where I would start. Not saying it would put a 350 level with just that change. Most combine it with dropping the rear or raise the front higher with hanger kits or aftermarket springs. X codes gain you a couple inches +/- over V codes and have a better ride then most aftermarket spring. It can also be found cheaper in low mileage pull offs. I picked a set of springs with 15K on them for $100. My rear 2010 for $200 with 24K IIRC

TARM

Reaction score
Yep. TO be clear I have not put them on yet. When I had some bugs with the engine side of the build I put off messing with anything until that got worked out. That is just about done and will be installing the suspension tires etc in the next few weeks. Want to make sure tuning is perfect first.

the PMF while a bit costly although its built like a tank. IMO is the easiest way to go. If you did not have to worry about the P-brake lines you could relocate the stock hanger IF IF you can get them off undamaged. I helped take a few off and they were a @(#&%#(*%#(U. But the way the P-brake is setup at least on mine you would be stuck having to fab up something and the PMF mounts take care of all that.

I also have there front hanger kit and rear blocks. All his stuff is built HD.

Edited to add:

I really like the 2010 springs as they center the axle in the spring and it add 6" or 8" IIRC to over all length. That gives more travel and smoother ride.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Tarm you are doing exactly what I plan to do. I also like his traction bar/blocks. As far as price, he seems reasonable. One thing, I could not find an adjustable track bar for our trucks on his site, just the later models.

TARM

Reaction score
As far as adj just give him a call I can not see what issues there would be. Tech with the 2010 you are basically making it into a newer model. He also is willing at times to do fab ups if its something you need. Even better if its something he can see he can sell to others that much better chance of not to much extra cost in it being made. I do not know if he is or is not a vendor on here but he is a great guy and very responsive to me any time I called.

rc4wd

Reaction score
I have the X codes in front and haven't even put the F350 blocks in the rear yet and I'm not level.

If I'm not mistaken all of the e99 trucks had a larger block in the rear from the factory so that could be some of the reason why you're still not level.

Latest posts

Members online