Looking for suspension ideas

ingrahams

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some 20X9 novakanes with 305/50 20 nitto 420s tires for my 08 F350, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do for suspension, I have seen alot of people running 5.4 coils and no block in the rear but I was hoping to run the PMF bars so I wanted to still run a block. Would it still look okay with a 2 inch block in the rear? Having it sit dead level isn't a priority of mine but I don't want the tires to look small in the wheel wells either. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks
-Stew

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm running 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes on 20x10 S.O.T.A.'s at stock height. The tires are a little small, but it doesn't look bad. My PMF stuff came in a few days ago. I went with a 1.5" rear block, so I'll be a tad bit lower in the rear than I currently am but I don't think it will be overly noticeable. I'll probably end up running a 305/55/20 AT for my next tire. Haven't fully decided yet.

I'll get some pics up of my current setup later on.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I'm running 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes on 20x10 S.O.T.A.'s at stock height. The tires are a little small, but it doesn't look bad. My PMF stuff came in a few days ago. I went with a 1.5" rear block, so I'll be a tad bit lower in the rear than I currently am but I don't think it will be overly noticeable. I'll probably end up running a 305/55/20 AT for my next tire. Haven't fully decided yet.

I'll get some pics up of my current setup later on.

Can't just leave it alone can you... Let see some pictures. Mine is either staying the same as it has been or going towards that same set up. I feel like its time for a change after three years. I can't really go any lower than stock f-250 height though. I would have thouble hooking up some trailers.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
I'm running icon 2.5 in coils and pmfs 4in traction blocks in the back, gives it a little bit of rake but that's how I wanted it, here's a pic
23662fec.jpg

2aa84c4b.jpg

TripleE44

Reaction score
Pmf is now in the process of making a set of traction bars that does not require a block. That could always be an option for you if you wanted to go lower. I think the style they have out now loses too much strength with a smaller block iirc.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I have issues changing my mind all the time. Took them out and went back to stock height. That's where I've stayed since late last summer. I could have ran the PMF traction blocks with the 5.4 coils up front. It would have required the removal of the fatty bottom leaf spring though. I had CalTracs on when the truck was lowered.

eric.davis

Reaction score
305/50 is a 32" tire 305/55 is 33". I think 305/55 is the best height for stock or lowered trucks

Here was my truck with 5.4 springs and no rear block. Needed the bottom spring removed to sit level. It was 1/2" high in the rear because of it.

6b705a64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
There are no 305/55/20 street tires. If they made them, I would have them. 305/55's are all AT's and MT's.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Erics davis that looks nice! Wat tires are those? Once my truck is done and if i have traction issues i think i may go this route rather then the level look.. We will see

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Usually 20x10s stick out further than 20x9s, you just have to look at the offset and backspacing, I prefer backspacing. 305/55 will be a little taller on 20x9s vs 20x10s

Latest posts

Members online