Looking for the best Intercooler for my 6.4

johnp115

Reaction score
Really they're all going to provide you with the same results, stick with Alradco, Mishimoto, spearco.

Others and I may suggest looking into a drop in atmo first to lower temps as that's going to drop egts and also give a very noticable performance gain.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I can get you any of the following, AFE, Mishimoto, Banks or Spearco. I personally have an AFE on mine and it works great, but you cant go wrong with any of the ones mentioned.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Alradco. I just installed mine a few weeks ago and it's a great unit. And peter is awesome to deal with. Look at their review thread for more info.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Don't forget Precision.....

Its really a crap shoot on what you buy. Not a single company has provided data as to pressure drop across their intercooler compared to stock. And no one has shown data on intake temps vs ambient temperature, vs a stock intercooler.

When I had my twin turbo Audi I did a TON of data logging before and after I put my larger side mount intercoolers on. One big thing I noticed is the smaller intercoolers took less time to get back down to the average intake temperature when the intercoolers became heat soaked going from sitting still to moving/driving, with the smaller stock turbos, compared to larger intercoolers being paired with the small stock turbos. I believe this was attributed to the increased area in the intercooler and the turbos Not flowing enough to utilize it. The full potential of the large intercoolers weren't seen until larger turbos were added. I'd see quicker temperature drops after heat soak, again probably attributed to more flow, quicker cooling of the coolers. The whole point of my rant is unless you're doing it for the bling factor, the factory intercooler is plenty sufficient until you get into the higher power levels.

NathannialD

Reaction score
we did all the leg work in reguards to the precision I/C, we did data log pre and post temps and boost. we worked with them to make it as large as possible and flow the best with the allowed space.

this was over 4 years ago so i dont have any of that data anymore, sorry.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
On the Precision Intercooler, I measured the data with mechanical Auto Meter gauges. The boost difference was 55 lbs inlet to 54 lbs outlet, as best as could be read with the gauges.

The temps were a 400 degree drop. 600 degrees inlet and 200 coming out on an 80 degree day.

The tank design was done to facilitate more airflow as the Precision IC has a full size upper tank.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Tree's on by the info above..
Do you recall if this was with stock chargers? I'd be interested to know what the results of a stock cooler would be for comparison.

capt dong

Reaction score
afe. quality piece. intake temps will be about the same as ambient temps. don't know boost drop but I tell you I got more low end power from it.

Latest posts

Members online