Looking for unique 30" Bar mounting options

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm wondering what you guys think would be a cool place to mount a 30" Rigid bar? Something unique (or less common anyway). I have a 20" in the bumper already, don't like the fancy grills and don't want a light bar.

I'm actually thinking about mounting it to the hood as close to the window as possible and dead center, kind of like what you see on Jeeps and RZR's.

Am I crazy? Got a cool idea?

Thanks.

Buck1

Reaction score
Any concerns with glare off the hood from the light in that location?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Have it frenched into the hood towards the back in that center ridge. Or into the grill where it says super duty.

Last edited:

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Frontpassside_zpsf76cc42d.jpg

Only picture I have of the front right now, It's a E-Series 30" Combo I got sitting here.

Chatty has some sharp ideas, I'll do some looking.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Personally.... I'd put it in the bottom of the grill in the center opening below the horizontal bars. I doubt it'll fit perfectly in the opening but if you have to trim the grill surround itself it won't look as bad beings it's not at eye level and near as noticeable.

On top of the bumper looks like hell and unfinished, and on top of the hood looks even worse. Just my honest opinion. I'm all for lights as I have several myself, but putting them in the correct spot is key to not being horrendous. But I'm also not a fan of these wannabe Baja trucks running around all over with light bars on the roof simply because they think it looks cool.

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Personally.... I'd put it in the bottom of the grill in the center opening below the horizontal bars. I doubt it'll fit perfectly in the opening but if you have to trim the grill surround itself it won't look as bad beings it's not at eye level and near as noticeable.

On top of the bumper looks like hell and unfinished, and on top of the hood looks even worse. Just my honest opinion. I'm all for lights as I have several myself, but putting them in the correct spot is key to not being horrendous. But I'm also not a fan of these wannabe Baja trucks running around all over with light bars on the roof simply because they think it looks cool.

I agree with the not finished look, everything else on my truck is perfect (IMO) so I will find something better.

Maybe behind the grill in the opening up top?

Sunk into the opening where is in the bottom in that pic but trim the grill back so it sits inside? (I think that's what you meant)

Latest posts

Members online