Looking into a 6.7

dommel01

Reaction score
Well guys I'm looking for a 6.7, I have been looking into a new 2015 I can seem to find them around 50 grand around here, my worries are my tires and wheels will require a lift and from what I'm hearing a lift will void my warranty, has anyone had any experience with this? What are the older 6.7s like? what's the benifits of the new ones? Give me the run down guys

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Benefits of the 15's are the new turbo and a little more fuel. They can make a decent amount more power tuned and deleted. A dealer would have to be a real a$$ to void a warranty for small lift

Fox

Reaction score
number one reason they come back to the dealership on a hook is for a bad EGT, so deletes are a big priority if you want dependability.

the "dual boost" turbo in the 11-14's has a terrible reputation for reliability.

the 15's are showing awesome potential for power, I'd recommend going with a 15 unless you find a steal of a deal on an older model.

aaand of course, if you wanna hang in there for the 16 or 17 model we should see an all new aluminum cab'd model released.

TripleE44

Reaction score
A lift, theoretically, can only void your warranty on suspension components. Now, the "burden of proof" falls on you if they deem your turbo failure(or whatever) is because of your lift. But they, technically, can only void the warranty for parts directly associated/affected with the modifications you make. One of those things where one dealer may deny you but another won't.

dommel01

Reaction score
Yea but a dealer could say a lift and bigger tires put more strain on the whole truck yada yada, I only wanna do a 4.5 and 35s, so some dealers if they install the lift will warrant it?

gfulton

Reaction score
I had to take mine back early on before the turbo kit, etc. but after lift, 35s and tuner. This was for a trans. issue and the dealer didn't say a thing about it.If the dealer specifically mentioned that it would void the warranty do what JD mentioned a find another dealer........

dommel01

Reaction score
Yea both dealers I talked to said if I had like a transmission or engine failure they would try to link it back to it having a lift kit and bigger tires due to the added stress, why can't **** just be simple

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'd defintely find another dealer, a lift is a hell of a lot less stressful than towing heavy everyday. Especially a mild 4-4.5. If it was some extreme lift with huge tires, maybe I could see a transmission denial but not for a small lift and 35's.

Keith

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've read somewhere(on the Internet so obviously it's true) that ford is ok with up to like 37s or something on a 6" lift as far as warranty goes. But even then if you had a 10" the right dealer wouldn't care.

dommel01

Reaction score
I need to talk to some other dealers, but the dealers are making it seem as though it's not up too them it's ford that is making the calls, and yea I only wanna do a 4.5 and 35s

DMDP

Reaction score
I took my 6.4 in with a nasty vibration that was coming from the transfer case. They replaced it under warranty with the exhaust, tune, and traction bars all still on it. I'd go talk to some other dealers. Become buddy's with their diesel tech ;)

RedRice589

Reaction score
I need to talk to some other dealers, but the dealers are making it seem as though it's not up too them it's ford that is making the calls, and yea I only wanna do a 4.5 and 35s

I think you're talking to the wrong people... They sell them everyday lifted and all. It's a heavy duty truck. If a lift rims and tires is going to strain it I guess it should never tow a trailer. Find the service manager and ask them. I don't even deal with salesman anymore they know less than my girlfriend about trucks, warrants, or anything else.

dommel01

Reaction score
I took my 6.4 in with a nasty vibration that was coming from the transfer case. They replaced it under warranty with the exhaust, tune, and traction bars all still on it. I'd go talk to some other dealers. Become buddy's with their diesel tech ;)
Hook my up! Lol but seriously every place I talk to makes it seem like they have no choice but void the warranty because that's what ford says or something, am I not talking to the right people? Do I need or ask the service manager or something

zporta

Reaction score

I'll be asking for this dealer if I have any issues

Latest posts

Members online