Loosing alot of PRM's 2-3 shift

farm boy

Reaction score
Locally built transmission. Was built really well, with a triple disc converter.

Back story: I put my foot to the floor for a bit, road was wet and I stayed in it. In 3rd gear, the truck fell on its face. Acted like it de-fueled, CEL came on for about 5 seconds, then it picked back up, and continued to run fine. No CEL.

Now, during the 2-3 shift, the truck looses alot more RPM's than usual. Im guessing it has something to do with TC lockup. ??? Its a dog for a little bit till I build some more speed. 3-4 shift seems fine.

Any thoughts.

Gearhead

Reaction score
where is the truck brake stalling? if the converter is too loose (higher stall) it will cause larger than normal rpm drops when the converter locks because of the larger difference in locked and unlocked.

farm boy

Reaction score
Ill check on that tonight when I leave work. But why would it start it all of a sudden? Started after I beat on it a little.

The road was wet, tires were spinning. Nothing grabbed and broke as far as I can tell.

Gearhead

Reaction score
oh... well it was really hard to tell what was going on in the video.

farm boy

Reaction score
Left work last night, and the truck runs normal. All shifts are right where they have always been. Definitely different than what it was doing before I parked it a few hours earlier.

Got on it a few times last night to see how it shifted under a load, and it never missed a beat.

Gotta love it when a truck heels itself. :doh:.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online