lope after start up hot or cold

powerpullin89

Reaction score
I have a 2000 7.3 with a sledge hammer turbo 71mm 240cc injectors and areomotive fuel pump and lots of other engine mods over 25k done to the motor alone and here recently upon start up hot or.cold temps it doesnt matter weither ive been driving an hour it will lope jist like a big block with a high cfm carb it will sometimes it will try to die while turning the steering wheel and hitting the brakes

powerpullin89

Reaction score
Ok now this afternoon my truck will start run for about 4 seconds and shut off and it will take about a good 15 seconds before it will start and stay running I have replaced both fuel filters about 2 weeks ago when I fixed a couple of my oil leaks

powerpullin89

Reaction score
Im sorry to sound like an idiot but I am new to fords and therir way of things. What do you mean icp? I went from a dodge cummins to a powerstroke its another world for me so I applogies before hand if I ask something that sounds stupid to someone. Thanks for the help

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That would be my guess to what is wrong. How many miles on it? The honey badger jr is a good pump.

powerpullin89

Reaction score
Could it be because its leaking oil that its causing a problem as in not building the oil pressure high enough or soon enough and if I take it off and reseal it would that help as a temp fix and is the stock hpop to small for what I have done to the truck?

dsberman94

Reaction score
You need to figure out where it's leaking from first. Second you probably need to upgrade that pump. I can't imagine a stock pump liking 240cc injectors too much.

02BigD

Reaction score
Having access to a scanner or AE is very helpful in you understanding what's going on, and for the membership here to help you. The HPO system has a lot of variables in it, and seeing what ICP, DUTY CYCLE, oil pressure, etc is doing while you are having the problems will help narrow down the potential problem point.

Oil leaking is not good.
A 17 degree pump with 240 cc injectors, while it may work, is not good.
Your IPR could be going south.
Your lpop could be buggered up and not supplying the HPOP. (Not likely with what you are describing, just mentioning for reference)

Etc, etc...

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I have a 2000 7.3 with a sledge hammer turbo 71mm 240cc injectors and areomotive fuel pump and lots of other engine mods over 25k done to the motor alone

Im sorry to sound like an idiot but I am new to fords and therir way of things. What do you mean icp? I went from a dodge cummins to a powerstroke its another world for me so I applogies before hand if I ask something that sounds stupid to someone. Thanks for the help

this makes me laugh. for 25 K you "could" have a fully built motor. :doh:

powerpullin89

Reaction score
All the work that was done was at swamps complete overhaul with crank connecting rods arp head studs bts trans 5in pipe turbo back six dial tuner the list goes on it will turn about 55 pounds of boost in drag tune

dsberman94

Reaction score
You sure you have a 5 inch downpipe?

But like said you need to get a way to monitor the parameters. Whether it's auto enginuity on a computer or an edge insight monitor or any other number of scanners. That's going to be the key to getting engine help on any website or forum and for diagnosing on your own.

02BigD

Reaction score
You sure you have a 5 inch downpipe?

But like said you need to get a way to monitor the parameters. Whether it's auto enginuity on a computer or an edge insight monitor or any other number of scanners. That's going to be the key to getting engine help on any website or forum and for diagnosing on your own.

See, then you make a good post here....you confuse me.

To the OP, if it is as you describe, it should be a 600+ truck. Glad it does run good for you. I am inclined to think that maybe you have some sort of upgraded stock appearing pump. I can't imagine Swamps would put a stock pump on the build like that. There is no way a stock pump can keep those injectors feed at wot. Is the IPR in tight? Can you post a picture of this setup?

powerpullin89

Reaction score
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]here are the pic yoall asked for

Attachments

• 20140323_095502.jpg
    20140323_095502.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • 20140323_095521.jpg
    20140323_095521.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20140323_095551.jpg
    20140323_095551.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If the pump isn't leaking at the lines, the most likely it's leaking at the gasket. You may have to replace it. I had to do this recently, fixed my leak. It was leaving a puddle exactly as u described on yours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.