losing boost

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys i noticed the other day taht my truck was struggling to build 18 lbs of boosy on the daily tune, usually under a load it will build 22-28 psi on the daily tune. so i turned it up to the hot tune where it would usually almost instantly build 25+psi, it would go up to 14-18 and then down to 10 psi almost as if starving for fuel. fuel psi reads 65-72 psi under a pull so its got good fuel psi. also i did a service on the truck becausei was right there at it and no change. i do not hear a boost leak nor do i believe that i have one because of the boost psi fluctuations. if it would routinely hit a number then i would say a boost leak. also i noticed this after changing the rubber elbow at my waste gate which i have ran in very tight. any ideas? i want to say i changed that elbow friday evening and didnt drive the truck until saturday night and sunday is when i noticed the boost issue.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Build a boost leak detector after you look over everything you touched. Do you actually feel a loss in power, or are you going solely by the boost gauge? Gauges fail

PMFB

Reaction score
Check filters. Or maybe bad fuel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check the air filter, possibly causing the ntake tbe to suck in, if you have rubber in there anywhere. Also, do you have any exhaust leaks?

97cherokee

Reaction score
ok so i unhooked the waste gate this morning and i was back to full boost... i though that the waste gates did nt start to open on these till 21-22 psi. is there a controller for the waste gate?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok so i unhooked the waste gate this morning and i was back to full boost... i though that the waste gates did nt start to open on these till 21-22 psi. is there a controller for the waste gate?
just leave it unplugged from the waste gate actuator and plug it or put it on a ic boot clamp.. no need for it to be plugged in on a tuned truck.. wg will open on spring pressure alone..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.