losing power on top end!

7.3whiteout

Reaction score
I have a freshly rebuilt motor still retaining the factory hoop and IPR valve. I have been told many of times that the IPR has a 50/50 chance of failing on start up after any high pressure work. I must have a rare breed in my case BC I've done a lot of injectors all at separate times I've done the glow plugs and replaced 2rocker arms due to two bent valves. So on and so on. And still haven't replace the IPR. To get to the point I have a suspicious feeling I have a failing hoop or IPR but would like your guys opinion on the matter. I've been losing power on the top end at full throttle and the when I come to a stop and the truck is idling it choppy for a few moments then smooths back out. But it almost feels like I run out of fuel at full throttle.... Kinda like my injectors aren't running at full potential. Any input is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Do you have access to a scanner that can show commanded vs. actual ICP? Just had an 03 losing power once warmed up. Especially at full load.

Ended up the HPOP was just flat worn out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.