Loss of Power, ICP limited to 2.0V

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my truck in that there has been a severe lack in power.

If starting cold, it will start fine and run. If I then drove it with the Oil cold i could get near 4V ICP.

after the truck is warmed up I cannot go above 2.0V. It has a FICM tune so i cant see ICP pressure. Towing up hill feels like a loaded Semi Truck going up hill.

I dont know why it would be limited to 2.0V. FICM Voltage is normal at 48V. I havent noticed anything different in EGT's.

I do have a AE so if I need to run it with that on for more details please let me know. Thinking about taking injectors out and sending them to Warrens for an overhaul.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ok so bringing this back up. Just had the injectors gone through by Warrens. Turns out they are 190's not 200's btw. Whatever but still I am limited to 2.0V. What do you think it could be? I don't seee how it would be the ICP as it it giving me a reading. There is no oil in the ICP connection. So what else should I check.

swinky

Reaction score
Ok so bringing this back up. Just had the injectors gone through by Warrens. Turns out they are 190's not 200's btw. Whatever but still I am limited to 2.0V. What do you think it could be? I don't seee how it would be the ICP as it it giving me a reading. There is no oil in the ICP connection. So what else should I check.
Just put a new sensor in it. Go to O'reillys order part number icp203 if it doesn't fix it take it back.

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
OK well trying to upload a data log was Fing Terrible. I had to import it to Excel, then make a graph, print screen, crop out the extra, save as a picture and upload to photobucket to post on here.

But as you can see ICP was limited to 2.0V, IPR only got to 44% at WOT. So really wonder if it is a sensor or HPOP. I will be picking up a ICP sensor tomorrow to swap out and try, oreily's says it has a lifetime warranty on their sensor so that's good. I will post back on Tuesday the details.

data%20log_zpslmgpejiy.png

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Can you read icp desired? Your ipr should be higher than 44% if pcm was calling for icp to be much higher than it is

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Can you read icp desired? Your ipr should be higher than 44% if pcm was calling for icp to be much higher than it is

Yes when i get home tomorrow night i can post up ICP Desired and IPR, ICP.

I data Logged ICP V, ICP #, IPR, and ICP Desired so i will graph them and get them up for you to look at tomorrow night i should have a new sensor waiting so i might just try that first.

Correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure i can pull the sensor without pulling the valve cover correct? thats why it is how it is right?

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Please be mindful that I have a tuned FICM so I can I up realy read ICP based off volts.

Changed out the ICP sensor nothing changed. Took it for a quick run and it still only hit 2.0v.

WTF now

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Your icp and icp desired look like they are pretty close. You can change sensors till your blue in the face, if icp matches desired it's not gonna make a difference. How much boost are you building? What is your fuel pressure? You have the icp the pcm is calling for so that's not your issue

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
This happened before the injectors were redone and gone through. so it just seemed to happen some day. So if not the ICP then Would the IPR sensor have anything to due with it? or is it just the HPOP going out?

Fuel Pressure ~ 55-60#

Boost tracks like normal just lacks fuel. going up hill feels like your towing a huge load all the time

mint-6oh

Reaction score
The ipr is not a sensor. if your icp matches icp desired and your ipr is only 44% you do not have a hpo problem. As I said before, you have the icp the pcm is calling for

mint-6oh

Reaction score
How do you know your getting 50% fuel? What is your ebp koeo and while it lacks power?

Last edited:

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
How do you know your getting 50% fuel? What is your ebp koeo and while it lacks power?

Correct me if I am wrong but I know with a Ficm tune you can't read ICP pressure as it will flatline at 1500 your only real Indication of Icp is by voltage. Now the ICP pressure is what runs the injector and a wot run you should get 4.0V or roughly 4000psi. Now if I am running up a hill and go WOT I barely move and only hit 2.0V max. So by the voltage and seat of the pants I feel I am only getting 1/2 the power.

EBP I can take a look at tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.