Loss of power

drservo

Reaction score
Sounds crazy but truck runs great except when its been sitting at work for 8 hrs, as soon as I leave it has a loss of power and dumps a ton of smoke at light pedal for about 2 miles. After that it runs normal, kinda like it had to warm up for a minute but it doesn't do it any other time. Also when it does this I hear a fluttering, sounds like its cutting back a little. I attached a video hard to hear but it flutters at the end of the video.

drservo

Reaction score
All mine are still plugged up, do they need to be unplugged if I haven't ******d the EGR yet?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Idk about the 15s but on my 11 when I was tuned but still had the Cooler on I had to unplug some connections(2 I think), but I'm pretty sure it's different with the 15s.
If you have all three plugged in, I'd assume that's the cause!

buckethead27

Reaction score
mine does the same, keeping an eye on this post! EGR block offs in place, was wondering about unplugging it

bdm1981

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing for a while and figured out that I didn't unplug the plug next to the fan shroud on the intake. I had the other two plugs on the egr itself already unplugged. After that it was clean as a whistle and it runs a lot better. Try that and see if that helps. Its kind of a pain in the rear to get to. Good luck!

drservo

Reaction score
Yea Mike I called you thanks. Any pictures online, I cant find one of plugs if there's 3 of them.

Last edited:

drservo

Reaction score
Unplugged all 3, fluttering noise is gone, no loss of power now and pouring of smoke is gone. Less smoky all around now, not as much lag either. Been a couple days now will update if it changes. Thanks Mike and guys for your help!

Last edited:

WatchTryst

Reaction score
Unplugged all 3, fluttering noise is gone, no loss of power now and pouring of smoke is gone. Less smoky all around now, not as much lag either. Been a couple days now will update if it changes. Thanks Mike and guys for your help!

I had the fluttering and lag problem also but once the final plug was disconnected it all went away. The final plug being the one on the throttle body that @Bigrpowr pointed out :thumbup:

buckethead27

Reaction score
was throwing p0401 egr a low flow unplugged both orange plugs and left the 3rd black plug still intact, no codes yet. Also noticed my truck would only build no boost if I got in started up and took off. If i give the truck at least a minute of idle time after start up i never have the problem. DrServo i sent you a PM, get back with me please.

Latest posts

Members online