Loud Pop and lost Boost

jayglamis

Reaction score
I was coming home from the river this weekend in my 2005 Excursion 6.0 with 28xxx miles of it towing a 21' boat. On a the hill i heard a loud pop and all of a sudden lost power. Right away i though a clamp or the rubbers on the intercooler tubes broke/popped off. I pull over to check the situation out and i see everything intact perfectly normal. I decided to pull off the tubes to check everything out and everything was fine. I then turned the truck on to see if the turbo was producing air, and it was. I then connected the hose back to the turbo but left it disconnected at the intercooler and boost flowed to that point, Then connected it there and checked the exit end of the intercooler and no boost was flowing there. I just wanted to know if it is common for these intercoolers to go bad and block boost?

The Pop was loud and seemed to be near the turbo. There seems to be a small dent on my hood near that area. but everything was intact. im just a littles puzzled and wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Do you have the plastic pipe from the inter cooler to the intake elbow. I so check that. Also like above I have a$$ holed a few boots when I had my 6.0. Mine were all on the turbo.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If there's a new dent in the hood to the left front of the charger...

strokethis_06

Reaction score
I just had this happen to me. Actually blew the tank off of the passenger side of intercooler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jayglamis

Reaction score
Finally looked into my excursion and yup my guess was right the intercooler popped. I can see the gasket on the passenger side from the plastic portion of the tank meets the metal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should replace it with? This vehicle is not going to be towing large amounts of weight just the boat to the river and family trips. As of now it has the bulletproof egr cooler and all the other updates that i had to do to it. i just want a reliable vehicle

JMart

Reaction score
Finally looked into my excursion and yup my guess was right the intercooler popped. I can see the gasket on the passenger side from the plastic portion of the tank meets the metal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should replace it with? This vehicle is not going to be towing large amounts of weight just the boat to the river and family trips. As of now it has the bulletproof egr cooler and all the other updates that i had to do to it. i just want a reliable vehicle

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35665

http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-f250-intercooler-kit-03-06.html

This is what I have planned for mine if that day comes, or sooner if I can help it. I think the guys at MPD are dealers too. I am sure they can set you up with one.

Latest posts

Members online