Loud turbo whistle

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I have the 04 6.0 engine early model. Iv got straight pipe exhaust stock intake and no tune. I hear the 03 turbos have a really loud whistle but mount differently on the pedestal. The 04 turbos don't seem to give off a whistle.

6.4blackout

Reaction score
You are right on the 10 vs 13 blade wheels,I had put and 03 Turbo on my old 6.0 before I got rid of it, and it had an insane whistle.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I could prolly find a used 03 turbo and pedestal. Would the y-pipe and down pipe fit the same?

Coposrv

Reaction score
I have an 03 turbo on my 06. No changes just left the rear most bolt out. I was hesitant about not using the 03 pedestal and after getting it in there I can say for certain that the turbo isn't going anywhere. 06 up pipes and everything fit perfectly.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I have also done a turbo swap. I put an 03 in my 04. Usually someone will sell u the turbo and the pedistal. The 04 and up still whistles just the 03 is a hell of a lot more. People sell them everywhere or u can buy a refurbished one from ford if you wanna spend more.

2004 CCSB
DieselShopCT.com

Reaction score
My 03 has an amazing whistle especially with 4" straight pipe
Ill ask my buddy what he had to do, he has a 03 turbo on his newer model :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

JMart

Reaction score
put a pmax on it, then you at least get an upgrade in power with your whistle

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
^ true. A pmax like a small turbo upgrade. Or would I have to do sticks and others upgrades.

NJStroker

Reaction score
I have a stock turbo off of my 06' I am looking to sell. It has 104k miles on it, perfect working order, put on a Powermax. Oil was changed every 3k miles. $450 in NJ

ghohouston

Reaction score
Man, when I came and looked at your truck that day, you had weird ass exhaust. Not putting you down, but I would buy a full exhaust kit before youre worried about turbo whistle. Yours exiting out the rear of the bumper doesnt help either. A buddy has a 2006 6.0 with the stock turbo and 5" exhaust, and it whistles like a mofo! I also work with a guy who has an 05 with 4" duals and an 03 turbo, and it sounds quite good.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Man, when I came and looked at your truck that day, you had weird ass exhaust. Not putting you down, but I would buy a full exhaust kit before youre worried about turbo whistle. Yours exiting out the rear of the bumper doesnt help either. A buddy has a 2006 6.0 with the stock turbo and 5" exhaust, and it whistles like a mofo! I also work with a guy who has an 05 with 4" duals and an 03 turbo, and it sounds quite good.

Are you talking to me? Bc I dont yhink ive ever met you...

weazel

Reaction score
I have a PMAX and it whistles like crazy

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.