Louisiana

02 Monster

Reaction score
Howdy all-
I have owned since new a 2002 f 250 ccsb 4x4. I hope to be able to learn about some future upgrades, and do- and -dont's for the continued enjoyment of my old rig. I use it primarily for towing my jeep and horse trailer. been lurking for a bit. Might chime in now and again.

Mods so far--
Airaid intake
bullydog exhaust
BDS level kit
Diablo Sports tuner.
Upgraded 4r100

02 Monster

Reaction score
yep --im in information overload right now.. Glad the Rig is working fine.. Ill get all this sorted out sooner or later. Good diesel shops seem to be hard to come by in my area,(at least the ones i've been too). It seems most dont share info so readily. I am a doit myselfer mostly.. however, lower ends, and major work i dont have the time or tools for -- I am planning a turbo upgrade in the not too far off future, maybe injectors.. It seems there are alot of options, most work or play specific. Im a little old school, ill be looking for reliability first better performance second.. This truck is great as is.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
welcome!!! being you already have a semi built im guessing transmission you should try out some custom tunes! the difference of custom tuning and "canned" tuning is tremendous.

02 Monster

Reaction score
Thats one reason im here.. The tranny is stout, I built it sled puller style.. Including Custom converter--

Finding a custom tune I can trust to not kill My MUCH NEEDED rig would be nice. Limited info from local diesel guys, and limited support in the area, have made that area hard to research.. I have to be careful, If i do something that kills my rig im outa commission until it gets fixed.. I know there are no guarantees in life, I just want to be sure Im limiting my down time.. The "canned" tunes have performed very well for me since the tranny rebuild.. But I could always use a little more power.. Any suggestions on who and what for custom work locally.

imelmo

Reaction score
Thats one reason im here.. The tranny is stout, I built it sled puller style.. Including Custom converter--

Finding a custom tune I can trust to not kill My MUCH NEEDED rig would be nice. Limited info from local diesel guys, and limited support in the area, have made that area hard to research.. I have to be careful, If i do something that kills my rig im outa commission until it gets fixed.. I know there are no guarantees in life, I just want to be sure Im limiting my down time.. The "canned" tunes have performed very well for me since the tranny rebuild.. But I could always use a little more power.. Any suggestions on who and what for custom work locally.

As you've found out, there's not really anyone around here that does diesel performance work. I usually end up bringing mine to Texas if it's something I can't do (which is a lot LOL ).

For parts though you can order from any of the vendors on this site. I ran Diesel Innovations stuff (713/984-9441) www.dieselinnovations.com back when I had my '02. I ended up going a little bit beyond just custom tunes though, lol. Give David a shout over there and he can get you a nice 4 or 6 position chip with some of his custom tunes on it. I've put some in for a couple friends around here and they were very happy with 'em for both towing and playing.

imelmo

Reaction score
There's a ton over there. G Racing in Beaumont (where my 6.0 truck is currently), Diesel Innovations in Houston, Truck Source Diesel in San Antonio, Cen-Tex Diesel in New Braunfels, and some others. Any of the ones I've listed will take good care of you though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.