LOW OIL PRESSURE!!!

Dan

Reaction score
Last night I was out messing around doing some WOT runs with the truck on my 2000 pulse tune and towards the end of a run my oil pressure gauge apubptly read "0" psi. The low oil pressure warning came on on the dash... I immediately bumped trans in neutral and killed the engine. Towed the truck back to the shop and started into it. Dumped oil, no metal, cut open filter, no metal. Started ripping and tearing.
B1E43357-B941-4FA8-ABC5-37D7856C7640_zps1k9zw9ri.jpg

By midnight I was here and found this:

FA0FDCEE-2CEC-4D1F-8F2B-A47A1AC8F986_zps6udoords.jpg

3721D872-8001-418B-B006-BA9E081F01B1_zpsipmvsorl.jpg

5A6DA2ED-6293-48E8-89A2-2FCEB7C5B4EF_zpsfibg3yb6.jpg

9EF9AC8F-3CFB-4721-8A46-0683BACE1C99_zpsfyugyjhh.jpg

I drove out to Northstar Ford in Fort McKay which I believe is the only 24/7 Ford store in North America and bought the last front cover oil pump assembly they had on the shelf, 540$ for the cover and front crank seal... Installed and by 7am was back on the road again with plenty of oil pressure.

38CC6632-73E3-4B51-9E1C-72A3AA27D195_zpsumnk9idn.jpg

I defiantly am counting my lucky stars on this one, but this is the second high hp 6.7 that's pulled this little trick that I know about... Is it a fluidampr thing? Is it an rpm thing? Both? I know my truck has always pulled 4700rpm+

So who's going to be the one to make a "billet oil pump"???

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Do you guys think this has been the cause to some of the lower end bearing failures? Ford usually tears it down and finds what failed( spun bearing) , orders the new motor and sends the old one to ford and you never hear why the bearing failed.. Thanks guys

Dan

Reaction score
So glad the aftermarket ones are in production. My truck wont be going together without one.

Let me know when they are available!!! That is a must have item!

Stock balancer ftw!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might actually be a thing... Now what about those ATI ballancers? I don't know if they are available yet? Would that be a significant improvement over the fluidampr ones?

I'm with Morgan on this. When u texted me I forgot u had that thing on there. Idk... And Jared how long ?

This seems to be the general consensus!

And one have a stock ballancer kicking around they don't want?

gfulton

Reaction score
Do you guys think this has been the cause to some of the lower end bearing failures? Ford usually tears it down and finds what failed( spun bearing) , orders the new motor and sends the old one to ford and you never hear why the bearing failed.. Thanks guys

Good possibility.........

Wayne

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the ATI unit become available. Glad you caught it before worse things happened. That was 5k+ rpm's when it let go, right?

Latest posts

Members online