low rail pressure

B585Ford

Reaction score
A billet fuel pressure cap with a hose connected to gauge ran into the cab and take it out and floor it. If I goes to 0psi the lpfp is junk. If it stays at 1psi or above you probably need a hpfp. The lpfp goes you may be able to replace it and fix the situation. But the hpfp may already be damaged and you'll end up replacing them both.

Thanks. I am trying to figure this out before I go to duals to see if I can keep my HPFP and just buy 1 instead of 2. If you happen to sell a billet fuel pressure cap that will work, send me a PM.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sorry if I confused anyone, I don't ever have low RP, just a surge.
OP, sorry for the derail.

Reaction score
Thanks. I am trying to figure this out before I go to duals to see if I can keep my HPFP and just buy 1 instead of 2. If you happen to sell a billet fuel pressure cap that will work, send me a PM.

Billet fuel caps I am waiting on more. As soon as I get some I'll let your know. I think they are around a $100 a piece but you can get the kit with all three for all the filters for less than $300. I'll find out Monday when they are getting here.

1sicpsd

Reaction score
I'm throwing p2291 and p0087 only thing i have on my truck is mini max its going to the dealer tuesday gonna try getting them to replace my hpfp

B585Ford

Reaction score
no not really now that my programer is not installed its triping any codes[/intact

So now you are running no programs? If so, have you been running with DPF still intact when you had the programmer or did you swap the exhaust?

1sicpsd

Reaction score
nope i was all stock with dpf and had the codes with the programer H&S. took H&S off no codes. i just put a intake on today. ill pry install my H&S tomorrow and see how it goes.

B585Ford

Reaction score
nope i was all stock with dpf and had the codes with the programer H&S. took H&S off no codes. i just put a intake on today. ill pry install my H&S tomorrow and see how it goes.

OK, I want to make sure I have this straight. You were running with your DPF on. Which H&S do you have (street or race)? Are you positive the tunes you are using are for DPF on?

B585Ford

Reaction score
running dpf on, it is H&S street unlocked and yes positive

So right now you are kinda in bind because it won't throw codes with no programmer and you can't take it to Ford with the programmer. Have you tried using the MM just to monitor. ICP is rail pressure on the MM.

1sicpsd

Reaction score
i have a street unlocked race something. yes it was with dpf tunes on. had it down @side action diesel and we took it for a ride and he noticed right away from the gauge that it went down and back up. fuel pressure that is. he said its either the pig tail or the hpfp. I'm taking it back to ford on monday to have them look and try to replace it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
i have a street unlocked race something. yes it was with dpf tunes on. had it down @side action diesel and we took it for a ride and he noticed right away from the gauge that it went down and back up. fuel pressure that is. he said its either the pig tail or the hpfp. I'm taking it back to ford on monday to have them look and try to replace it.

Good luck

Latest posts

Members online