low sulfur vs. ultra low diesel

grimrippy23

Reaction score
Went to fill up at a new flash foods in my town and found that they sold low sulfur instead of ultra low sulfur. If I am running a deleted 6.4 then this should be no problem for my truck right? I always heard that having more sulfur would help with lubricating the fuel system but I could be wrong. Thinking it won't hurt anything but just wanting to be on the safe side.

TLH

Reaction score
Your fine. You want to help it more then add 2 stroke motor oil to each fill up. The ratio is 200/01. Learned this from a Mercedes Fuel Engineer. 16 oz is what I use per fill up 31 gal tank. Walmart oil works great and a lot better then any of the additives for lubrication. I also run Diesel Kleen as well. No worries no issues for over 100,000 miles. Want to know more pm me.

Bullzeye

Reaction score
Your fine. You want to help it more then add 2 stroke motor oil to each fill up. The ratio is 200/01. Learned this from a Mercedes Fuel Engineer. 16 oz is what I use per fill up 31 gal tank. Walmart oil works great and a lot better then any of the additives for lubrication. I also run Diesel Kleen as well. No worries no issues for over 100,000 miles. Want to know more pm me.

Please share more here... I'm sure that there are others as interested as I am...

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online