Low temp Guage reading with codes

mcutler

Reaction score
Finished refreshing my motor cpl weeks back and since first start and warm up the coolant and oil temp never get over 120 even after hard driving, very little heat from dash, and showed a code on mini maxx of: poor thermostat efficiency. .. Or something similar. Haven't drivenit alot becauseI'm stillbuilding theflay bedbut it runs great; but still does the fast idle increase even when warm. Any ideas? ? At first I thought I would just change sensor but when I realized the oil was same temp kinda had me stumped.

08 f450 with 90k mi 250 motor. Recent mods are fresh heads, studs, upper gasket, rear main, rockers, lifters, push rods, complete new fuel system with pumps, injectors, lines, relined tank, oil cooler, rad hoses, t-stats, water pump, rebuilt turbos, s&b, cac, deleted, up pipes and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Only sensors I replaced on motor were map, iat, and ebp. No other codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my guess is t-stats even though you just replaced them, thats honestly about all it can be. The cooling system doesnt seam to be under crazy pressure does it?

mcutler

Reaction score
No, and did the proper burping procedure after filling. Should I change the sensor while replacing the tstats? Since the watery level will be low anyway. ..

Latest posts

Members online