Lowered 6.0s

militant83

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm contemplating on lowering my 06 F250. Ive read through many older threads that were a couple years old and just wanted to revisit the topic to see if any methods gave changed over the last few years.

Like I said it's an 06 F250 that will be getting 20x12 wheels with Nitto 420s. But I also want to be able to put the stock wheels back on in the winter. Also already have OUO welded on traction bars if that will make a difference.

So what is the best method to achieve the lowered look?

How is ride quality after lowering?

Anyone noticing any issues with the driveshaft slip yoke not having enough travel?

Anyone who has pics with their set up feel free to share as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

militant83

Reaction score
5.4 coils in the front and no rear block.

From what I've read this seems to be the most popular option. I know the front spring are pretty self explanatory. But is there anything that needs to be done when removing the rear block? Hows the ride quality after doing this? Anyone have a part number on the 5.4 Springs?

What spring weight would have me lowered and level or as close to level as possible?

Last edited:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
From what I've read this seems to be the most popular option. I know the front spring are pretty self explanatory. But is there anything that needs to be done when removing the rear block? Hows the ride quality after doing this? Anyone have a part number on the 5.4 Springs?

What spring weight would have me lowered and level or as close to level as possible?
Here's a screen shot from another thread about this. It has part numbers for 4800lb and 4400lb springs. Most people do the 4800lb to sit level. If you want a lil rake to the front do the 4400lb.
98b0e964280ee3f583c5873e3639da28.jpg

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

sootie

Reaction score
removing the rear block does nothing to the ride. all you need is shorter u-bolts.

imelmo

Reaction score
What was the specs on the wheels and tires?

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

The wheels were 17x10, can't remember what the tires were. They were like 28" or 29" tall though.

that looks like a leaf sprung truck to me...maybe different rate springs than stock diesel ones though.

Oops, yeah, sorry. It is an Excursion spring pack iirc though.

Latest posts

Members online