Mad Matt's Diesel race truck build

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Picked up this 03 Larait couple weeks ago and will start the tear down next week for the build.

Did a burnout pic since that's everyones first request.

Took it to the track to see what it could do, that's second pass I did finally get it down to a 8.72, truck is all stock beside a custom tune from Tony Wildman and exhaust.

Now the build! First off thanks to Jared @ RCD for getting me hooked up with these great products! These 6.0 manifolds are freaking sweet very good quality on them. And thanks to Tony Wildman with TDP since he will have some fun tuning this thing on his lunch break haha.

Started with.......
RCD up pipes kit
RCD SS manifolds
RCD 285cc Hybirds
Garrett 4202R turbo
Diesel Site high Vol Hpop.
A1000 fuel pump with my fuel system and sump.
And a 4r100 trans and PCS just haven't made my mind up on whos trans yet but most likely going to be Twisted Diesels.

why didnt you get a rcd thumper hpop instead of the diesel site?
to be honest i only thought rcd had the only 05to 07 hpop.

broncof250444

Reaction score
Any updates on this Matt?

Yep been busy and Tony has been working on tuning, he has made a huge progress so far. Still a little bit of fueling issues but overall better.

So far I have only been running it on a test track I have marked off here by the shop so no times but at the 1/8 mile mark the speedo is hitting past 100mph which is good in my terms because we haven't broke out the NOS yet.

Im going to try and take to drag and brag at TMS tomorrow night for some test runs against a few.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Yep been busy and Tony has been working on tuning, he has made a huge progress so far. Still a little bit of fueling issues but overall better.

So far I have only been running it on a test track I have marked off here by the shop so no times but at the 1/8 mile mark the speedo is hitting past 100mph which is good in my terms because we haven't broke out the NOS yet.

Im going to try and take to drag and brag at TMS tomorrow night for some test runs against a few.

If its hitting 100's in the 1/8th your looking at 10's buddy :naughty:

scparrish

Reaction score
Let me know if you head out there and I will come out and take a look, and maybe the rain will let up by then. Maybe I will even take a video.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
curious to see what the outcome is. Try and get it on video sir, I know Tony is quite the man handler

Latest posts

Members online