Mad turbo werks stage 4::: 700rwhp VGT turbo?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What's the highest fuel only single turbo 6.0 HP made up until this point?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

strokedoutlaw

Reaction score
so say the budget minded people that dont have the money and resources as the larger people on here, not saying theres anything wrong with anyone just some dont have the money to support 285s, what would the thought of the stage 4 and 190s which I think is a reasonable injector for a small budgeted person I might be wrong though I dont know, my question I guess is would you see the same thing you did with the durastroke and running out of fuel at the top or would it still have enough fuel for all the air its pushing to hold really strong numbers that 190s havent ever seen?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Im sure we will find out what it will do and hear how long it will last. From what I see he is pretty down to earth and an honest guy. I doubt he will sell a turbo that has a lot of failures. Good luck man this is looking very nice. Id like to see what the stage 3 and stage 4 will do on 205's to compare.

MorganY

Reaction score
Im sure we will find out what it will do and hear how long it will last. From what I see he is pretty down to earth and an honest guy. I doubt he will sell a turbo that has a lot of failures. Good luck man this is looking very nice. Id like to see what the stage 3 and stage 4 will do on 205's to compare.

There's much more to just throwing on a charger and some Injectors and making 700.

I have no doubt in my mind he's an honest and a standup guy, lots are people are happy with his work, and I commend that. 90% of the guys on here are straight shooters. Based on my experience I believe a VGT won't last very long if it's making 700 without serious modifications, hell if it did, The bigger guys on here would be running them, youd be surprised how much these kinds of things have been tried years ago and you just don't hear about them.

windrunner408

Reaction score
so say the budget minded people that dont have the money and resources as the larger people on here, not saying theres anything wrong with anyone just some dont have the money to support 285s, what would the thought of the stage 4 and 190s which I think is a reasonable injector for a small budgeted person I might be wrong though I dont know, my question I guess is would you see the same thing you did with the durastroke and running out of fuel at the top or would it still have enough fuel for all the air its pushing to hold really strong numbers that 190s havent ever seen?

Well so far, I believe the Stage 3 with 190s has put down unprecedented numbers for a turbo setup with 190s. I put down 605hp with my truck which has 190/100s and the Stage 3 and another guy put down 623hp with an 04 truck that had 190/100s and the Stage 3. He also ran 12.5 at 106mph which according to that calculation puts him over 640hp to the wheels. This is all with just a turbo, injectors, fuel system, intake, and exhaust.

I'd be surprise to see a vgt large enough for 700hp, last, let alone make 700.

I guess we'll see.

There's much more to just throwing on a charger and some Injectors and making 700.

I have no doubt in my mind he's an honest and a standup guy, lots are people are happy with his work, and I commend that. 90% of the guys on here are straight shooters. Based on my experience I believe a VGT won't last very long if it's making 700 without serious modifications, hell if it did, The bigger guys on here would be running them, youd be surprised how much these kinds of things have been tried years ago and you just don't hear about them.

I don't want to get into a pissing match here about what has been done before and what it takes to make 700hp but I can assure you that whatever was done in the past was not what is being done now. I say this because of the success that has been had with just 190cc injectors and these turbos. I believe that the Stage 4 turbo with just a set of 205/150s will make 700hp, provided that the HPOP is healthy and the truck has a supporting fuel system with a cold air intake and turbo back exhaust. Again JMOs here and of course time will tell the true story.

strokin6L

Reaction score

Morgan, Adrian does alot of modifications to the charger so BP will be in check. So far there has been a VGT that has made over 650hp. I have no doubt that Adrian's stage 4 will be over 700hp. Time will tell.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
dont forget a big ice chest and air to water I/c to light that sucker

PGreenSVT

Reaction score
We're talking VGT turbos here. Not really interested in what the s475 race setup is capable of. With all of the supporting mods like ported intake, headers, ported heads, fuel and HPO I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Adrian's turbos hit the 800 mark. Time will tell and I'm sure we'll see something close in the future. Really interested to see what numbers this stage 4 put down.

windrunner408

Reaction score
We're talking VGT turbos here. Not really interested in what the s475 race setup is capable of. With all of the supporting mods like ported intake, headers, ported heads, fuel and HPO I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Adrian's turbos hit the 800 mark. Time will tell and I'm sure we'll see something close in the future. Really interested to see what numbers this stage 4 put down.

What's the highest fuel only single turbo 6.0 HP made up until this point?

Got ya Mitch and so am I but this question was asked and Craig answered it was all. I would agree that we are really only interested in a streetable number but it is still impressive IMO to hear of 830hp on a fuel only single turbo 6.0.

MINK

Reaction score

Backpressure will be interesting.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Well so far, I believe the Stage 3 with 190s has put down unprecedented numbers for a turbo setup with 190s. I put down 605hp with my truck which has 190/100s and the Stage 3 and another guy put down 623hp with an 04 truck that had 190/100s and the Stage 3. He also ran 12.5 at 106mph which according to that calculation puts him over 640hp to the wheels. This is all with just a turbo, injectors, fuel system, intake, and exhaust.

I guess we'll see.

I don't want to get into a pissing match here about what has been done before and what it takes to make 700hp but I can assure you that whatever was done in the past was not what is being done now. I say this because of the success that has been had with just 190cc injectors and these turbos. I believe that the Stage 4 turbo with just a set of 205/150s will make 700hp, provided that the HPOP is healthy and the truck has a supporting fuel system with a cold air intake and turbo back exhaust. Again JMOs here and of course time will tell the true story.

yes...the turbo's Adrian are making are putting out great numbers and that's awesome. but you're forgetting that there are other 68's out there that are within 20ish hp of MTW turbo numbers with 190's so I don't think this is necessarily "unprecedented" nomsayin? that being said....I'm definitely interested in seeing what the 70mm unit will do.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
The stage 3 has 700 hp in it, there is no doubt in my mind the 4 had 700+ with the right fueling. Nice work guys.

Thanks, JJ

Actually, I plan on running 205/150 with a stage 3, and then move up to a stage 4.

Jonathan's truck also has head work done to it but other than that, he's running stock intake manifold, and exhaust manifolds.
I also don't blame anyone doubting what I do with these turbos, can I say for sure that this truck will hit over 700rwhp. No I can't I haven't done the numbers for this combo either, so I can't wait to see the numbers myself. I do know that since this turbo is cleaning 285 injectors the HP is going to be high. Last night I talked to Jonathan and he's looking for a dyno, and would like some fine tuning to get this truck dailed in. I do know when he hits the track this truck is going to be fast, it's got a 4 link rear , and is set up for drags.
As far as street driven, he has be driving it everyday, and plans on towing one of his trucks to the pulling events, then unhooking and doing the pulling event with this truck.
The VGT turbos I build are different than the others due to the turbine housing and wheel, the turbo should last normally, but Jonathan likes to extreme everything he has, so if the turbo lasts with him then it will really last with anyone else.:rockon:

Latest posts