Mad turbo werks stage 4::: 700rwhp VGT turbo?

El chupacabra

Reaction score
truth right there!

Give the man a break he is working on two prototype turbos,his own truck, and Tryin to keep up with orders. Perfection takes time, patience, and dedication. At least he is Tryin something that may end up being a sweet setup for alot of folks. Idk I give you props Adrian you brought the mad Turbo werks turbos a long way in a very short period of time.

Before you throw the mad Turbo under the bus lets wait and see what some live tuning does. I don't think any single or compound setup does well until its properly tuned either.

-Jake-

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
what in the hell are you talking about....I was agreeing with him.

genius-rage-face.png

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Hang in there Adrian this **** gets frustrating from time to time. I have had to step back from my projects to keep sane. Seams like its easy for some people to just slap some injectors and a turbo on and make power without any data or testing then thoughs of us that care enough to data log seem to have the issues and nothing seams to work... but in the long run it pays off.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hang in there Adrian this **** gets frustrating from time to time. I have had to step back from my projects to keep sane. Seams like its easy for some people to just slap some injectors and a turbo on and make power without any data or testing then thoughs of us that care enough to data log seem to have the issues and nothing seams to work... but in the long run it pays off.

Thanks, I'm not giving up. But, I think I do need to take a step back and regroup on my truck, not the turbos just my build. I think once I get the injectors in and some other this done it will come together. I'll wait on HPOP and high pressure feed to see how truck runs. You guys don't even want to know the fuel system that I'm running but if can keep up with the new injectors I'll tell everyone what I did. Cost me about 190.00 for the fuel system that I'm using not including the regulated fuel system. So far the fuel system will drop from 65psi to 64-63psi at a stomp of the throttle and regain back to 65psi with in 1 second and not drop again the rest of full throttle. I showed Nate the system and he just said" you got to be kidding me", and when he was it work he said "dam I wonder how big of injector this system could keep up with?"
Told you guys I'm aways thinking out of the box, sometimes good, and sometimes not so good.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
DYI fuel system:::

Ok, I will let you guys in a the fuel system. I'll take pictures of it tomorrow under truck to show it. I just wanted to try sometime off the charts, and I know there are proven systems out there. Please don't judge, but so far it as worked without any problems of course that could end tonight when I drive home from work, but I hope not.

I bought a marine 2 stroke fuel water filter (rayco), I went and mounted on frame of truck by fuel tank. Ran the fuel line from tank to filter then installed a wallbro inline fuel pump.I ran a separte power wires to it. The pump is capable on 85psi and flows 255liters. So I went from filter to inline fuel pump back out to the stock pump. From stock pump I went to feul bowl and a regulated fuel return system( DozersDiesel). I regulate the fuel to 65psi and have a fuel gage hooked to it to keep watch. When I slam throttle down the fuel pressure will drop to 64-63psi for abou 1/2 seconds and then recover all the way through run. If I roll into it fuel pressure barely moves and recovers with in 1/4 seconds. One thing I like about it is that if I lose stock pump the wallbro can push through it, and still maintain so fuel pressure. If I lose the wallbro pump then stock fuel pump and draw through it and keep fuel pressure. Either way I have some fuel pressure to not strand me on side of road. Like I said I'm not tell anyone this system is the way to go or that it is proven, I know that it will feed 175/75 injectors without a problem, but I will let you know what happens when I step up to 205/150.
What you guys think yes or no?, I think it might but we'll see, because Nate( windrunner408) told me not to take it off just to see if it would work. I was going to go with the same system he's using Airdog150 going into a areomotive 1000, to regulated return system. I really like his system and it works very well, but just for the hell of it I will try this cheapo system out.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Bypass the stock pump if your other pump flows 2xx gmh. The stock pump just becomes a restriction.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Bypass the stock pump if your other pump flows 2xx gmh. The stock pump just becomes a restriction.

I understand what your saying but, I wanted to run it this way just as a back up, pump and to help out the stock pump. Do you think the inline fuel pump will be able to flow through it if stock pump would stop running. I thought it would but didn't try it, I guess I could unplug the stock pump and see, and then do same for inline pump.

Redneck6.0L: sorry it's taking so long and it's driving me crazy too, but it looks like the Jonathan's truck with the stage 4 will be Dyno'ed next week. So I should have numbers on it.

Last edited:

PGreenSVT

Reaction score
The Walbro is 255 Liter per hour Shawn, not Gallons. That's only 67.36gph. I would think a 340lph pump would be a better choice. That's just shy of 90gph.

Last edited:

alwil

Reaction score
not enough, thats what.
So you dont know then.
I had been thinking about a Walbro pump a while ago but got sidetracked by other stuff. I thought it would be a pretty good reliable option for a street/dd truck.

Last edited:

redracer62

Reaction score
So you dont know then.
I had been thinking about a Walbro pump a while ago but got sidetracked by other stuff. I thought it would be a pretty good reliable option for a street/dd truck.

A fuelab is a nice reliable pump.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So you dont know then.

I know what the specs are of the factory pump, and like I said; it doesnt supply enough volume to keep up with large nozzles. Of course this all depends on tuning too. I dont think its worth it to keep it. Better of buying a fuelab and using a regulated return.

Latest posts