Mad Turbo Werks stage 4

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Jame's will be soon, I think he'll be the first to be able to give you real life results. I know the stage 3 runs awesome

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the rcd charger uses the stock turbine, the stage 3 will be a night and day difference. You can put as big as a compressor wheel you want on the stock turbine and not make more power, and just experience surging. The turbine is where the flow is at.

windrunner408

Reaction score
While I have never ran the RCD turbo, I have to agree with Greg here in thinking that the larger turbine wheel will allow for quite a bit more top end flow. Also the Stage 4 has a larger (more efficient compressor wheel) too. I would be VERY surprised if you didn't see a noticeable gain.

windrunner408

Reaction score
The real beauty of the Stage 4/3 turbo(s) is that there will be no "visual" difference between the two as they look identical to the casual observer. However the Stage 4 should be good for ~50 psi of boost. I think that'll be some airflow for ya.

Reaction score
I ran the stage 3 on my 04 and it did awesome with my 190/100s so with your larger injectors that thing would be great for pulling without surging

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
The real beauty of the Stage 4/3 turbo(s) is that there will be no "visual" difference between the two as they look identical to the casual observer. However the Stage 4 should be good for ~50 psi of boost. I think that'll be some airflow for ya.

50psi seems like too much boost for a vgt for me. If your really wanting big power switch to a fixed turbo. I snapped the shaft on my cheetah and switched to a s300 and I'm never lookin back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
There is a Huge difference between a gt37 series shaft and a gt40 or gt42, so its not really a good comparison.

Hellen Keller sent this?

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
True. But I really wasn't tryin to get at that. I've always been under the impression that vgts were made to operate efficiently at 30-40 psi. Aren't you driving em to hard when u push them past the point?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
True. But I really wasn't tryin to get at that. I've always been under the impression that vgts were made to operate efficiently at 30-40 psi. Aren't you driving em to hard when u push them past the point?

pressure ratio of a gt40 series turbine and compressor have a far different pressure ratio map compared to anything thats used with a gt37 turbine. The stage 3 and 4 will be far more efficient at 30-50 psi.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that vgts were made to operate efficiently at 30-40 psi.

pressure ratio of a gt40 series turbine and compressor have a far different pressure ratio map compared to anything thats used with a gt37 turbine. The stage 3 and 4 will be far more efficient at 30-50 psi.

Greg is right. A LOT of the known conceptions with respect to "VGT" turbos kind of are out the window with Adrian's Stage 3+ turbos. For lack of a better description, he has kind of left the reservation with these turbos and entered a new frontier with respect to VGT turbo performance and the Ford 6.0. Purdue_stroker, you are absolutely correct with the 30-40 psi range and a GT37 series turbine wheel, but as far as the GT40 series turbine goes, Greg is right with the 30-50 psi range as the turbine simply allows for decently more flow of exhaust gas in comparison to the GT37 series turbine.

RedRice589

Reaction score
6.4's are awesome i wish i had known about this sote when i had my 6.0 they are awesome! I loved the power and the smoothness of them! Glad to see you guys pushing them really well!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.