MAF and Compounds

g2shuck

Reaction score
For those guy that have compounds on a 6.0 I have a question I have not been able to find an answer to by searching. Obviously when doing compounds the air filter and intake tube gets moved to the passenger side with the low pressure turbo. I know for the ccv you just do a ccv mod and route it to the atmosphere.

My question is what are you doing with the MAF. Are you moving it to the passenger side by adding in wire to extend it to the passenger or are you just leaving it unplugged kind of like an 05 that does not have a MAF. If you did move it to the passenger side what did you use to mount the MAF to the new intake tube. I have seen aftermarket MAF mounts but none that will work for the 6.0 style MAF.

I have decided to take my single s472 off and in the next two weeks I will be starting fab work on building my compounds so please do not take this as some guy trolling.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I just shaved off the rubber enforcement ribs that were in the way of mounting the MAF to the rubber elbow.

Used a vari-bit to make a hole for the sensor to fit through, and used black silicone to attach it to the rubber elbow.

And as far as extending the wires...thats exactly what I did. Used the same gauge wire, soldered the connections at stagggered lengths, and then shrink wrapped them all. That way, none of the soldered connections are lined up with another one, but they are all the same length.

g2shuck

Reaction score
I just shaved off the rubber enforcement ribs that were in the way of mounting the MAF to the rubber elbow.

Used a vari-bit to make a hole for the sensor to fit through, and used black silicone to attach it to the rubber elbow.

And as far as extending the wires...thats exactly what I did. Used the same gauge wire, soldered the connections at stagggered lengths, and then shrink wrapped them all. That way, none of the soldered connections are lined up with another one, but they are all the same length.

sounds like a easy setup.... have any pictures by chance

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
It's not an addiction...its a sickness.

This!!

I've got to the point with one of my trucks (that has been down since may because I decided to Change the compound that worked perfectly fine :doh: ) where I just want a mild set up lol just ordered some 205s and my high pressure will be a 63mm.

My advice is... If you like how if drives now enjoy it for a while.

g2shuck

Reaction score
i dont mind how it drives but i want to be able to have my truck as an emergecny backup for towing incase our farm 7.3 dually is down

Superblazin

Reaction score
This!!

I've got to the point with one of my trucks (that has been down since may because I decided to Change the compound that worked perfectly fine :doh: ) where I just want a mild set up lol just ordered some 205s and my high pressure will be a 63mm.

My advice is... If you like how if drives now enjoy it for a while.

By a while you mean a few weeks? A few hundred miles? Or maybe if I'm lucky a couple of tank fulls?:thumbup:

g2shuck

Reaction score
By a while you mean a few weeks? A few hundred miles? Or maybe if I'm lucky a couple of tank fulls?:thumbup:

If your like me you can't go two weeks without changing the mods on your truck for more power lol… just put my s472 and 225/100s… already pulling turbo to build compounds and thinking about sendin injectors out for more fuel lol…

PS. Superblazin check my post in your build thread

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i'm on my 4th setup in less than a year. started at about 530ish hp and who knows where I'm at now lol. I'm finally to the point the only thing left is internals and I think momma closed the bank for a while.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.