Major throw out bearing issues.

Danielt28

Reaction score
About 6 months ago I had to replace the slave and master cylinder on my truck.after the install the truck wouldn't disengage the safety start switch on the clutch pedal or go into gear with the truck on. So what I ended up doing was pulling the pitman type arm on the clutch pedal off and adjusted it forward a notch. After that it would disengage the start switch and go into gear. But what I'm thinking is that maybe by adjusting it forward it's putting pressure on the clutch causing the throw out to constantly ride? Therefore causing it to wear real fast ? ...

That's the only way I can't think it could be something the pedal is causing.

Since adjusting that the throw out bearing has went 2x on the last 6 months.

Danielt28

Reaction score
I live in a small town. Just driving as usual. Like I said earlier when I adjusted the arm on the pedal I had to put pressure on it to get it back together. I think the pressure is my problem

mandkole

Reaction score
sounds like bearing now has a preload on it all the time. The stock configuration has more than enough travel if the hydraulics and linkage are functioning correctly.

Danielt28

Reaction score
Yeah that's definitely probably the cause

I'm gonna go thru and put the arm back where there's no pressure applied before pushing, replace the pedal box bushings, check out the spring , re check my heim joint. Then make sure I have the matching slave and master cylinders, make sure they're completely bled , change out my clutch fork with the new ford one I have and see what happens from there

Latest posts

Members online