Manley I Beam Pro Series 4340 Connecting Rods PN#14161-8

Big Bore

Reaction score
All the other rods Summit carries in that series are $1500, but of course they don't carry the 7.3 rod. I'm sure it would be a small thing for Summit to get them. Maybe a phone call is in order.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Stock forged rods only hold out so long above 600. I've just recently found out that my number 1 piston doesn't come up in the hole as far as it should by about 1/4 of an inch......lol

Aww man that sucks. I do recall someone else recently talking about stock forged rods finally laying over in that same power range.

V-Ref

Reaction score
CNC Motorsports just advised via thier Manley rep these are still 60-90 days away from being released. Duramax ones are first (that's Manley's current focus with this new series), then the 7.3 is next.

Last edited:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
According to Manley "they have testers out there making over 1000hp".

Hmm, you would think we would have heard about this.............

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Interesting.

The pricing I could find was obviously bogus because there was no premium being charged for the upgraded cap studs.... $2K with ARP 625+ studs or the same for standard studs.... I should buy a set before they realize they goofed. LOL

golfer

Reaction score
... the issue we tend to have with rods letting loose many times has more to do with the fasteners not the rods themselves.

really?

I have nevvvver seen a 7.3L rod bolt fail...

when I saw ARP released better cap bolts for the 7.3L rods (#250-6302)...I quickly sent our rep an email telling them that they wouldn't work in the 94-(early) 01 trucks...though they had listed compatibility with 99-03...

turns out they have upgraded rod bolts for PMR rods only

The ARP R&D folks were in touch shortly thereafter, LMAO...

TyCorr

Reaction score
You sure about that? I don't think he does much anymore.

Very sure. I was quoted prices on the.parts and labor to put hypermax' hi rev kit in my cylinder heads. I askec for a quote on the labor to do it and machine for fire rings as well. Minus the 2950 for.rods, it was dinner and a movie over 5grand to get the cylinder heads redone, and they were to provide pistons,bearings, and all connectors to reslug my current block as part of their quote.

I drive by hypermax often. Sometimes daily and there are trucks parked there and I see people coming.and.going. They are doing.something there, lol.

Hope that.covers what you were.asking?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Very sure. I was quoted prices on the.parts and labor to put hypermax' hi rev kit in my cylinder heads. I askec for a quote on the labor to do it and machine for fire rings as well. Minus the 2950 for.rods, it was dinner and a movie over 5grand to get the cylinder heads redone, and they were to provide pistons,bearings, and all connectors to reslug my current block as part of their quote.

I drive by hypermax often. Sometimes daily and there are trucks parked there and I see people coming.and.going. They are doing.something there, lol.

Hope that.covers what you were.asking?

No.. You said you talked to max... Max passed away.. Therefor you didn't talk to him recently...

TyCorr

Reaction score
No.. You said you talked to max... Max passed away.. Therefor you didn't talk to him recently...

The email said "max lagod" on it. I dont know the people. This was literally last Tuesday. Somebody is still running.the train. Good to know though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The email came from max lagods account but was signed, in closing, by someone.named.Ron.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
really?

I have nevvvver seen a 7.3L rod bolt fail...
when I saw ARP released better cap bolts for the 7.3L rods (#250-6302)...I quickly sent our rep an email telling them that they wouldn't work in the 94-(early) 01 trucks...though they had listed compatibility with 99-03...

turns out they have upgraded rod bolts for PMR rods only

The ARP R&D folks were in touch shortly thereafter, LMAO...

:whs:

Latest posts

Members online