Matte white OBS

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I am going to be repainting my truck for my senior project but i need to know a few things. First off, my drivers side front fender has a big rust hole on the bottom next to the door. Is there a patch panel for that part or do i have to get a whole new fender? And wheres the best placefor either of those? The truck is white now so i figured since i shouldve been almost done with the thing by now, then id stick with white to save time. But i cant decide between oxford white and matte white. Ive never seen a matte white obs, or matte white anything for that matter so i figured that would be sweet to have. But i wasnt sure if there were any tricks to using matte paint? And does anyone have a paint code or anything for the oxford?

wildbill963258

Reaction score
lmc truck is the best place to go for brand new replacements or patches but if you wanna settle for the cheap side any obs ford 1/2 ton and bigger truck/suv that you can find being parted out or at you local junk yard will work just fine for complete replacement panels all you have to do is switch the badges (which are glued on no screws or nothing)and as far as matte white paint ive never heard or seen a truck using matte white but the color code should be on the inside of your drivers side door jam on the sticker that has all your vehicle information

matt92idi

Reaction score
I'm sure you can go to a junkyard and find a whole good fender. Wether it's f150-f350 they will all swap but matte white would be pretty bad ass with lots of chrome and dark tint

79jasper

Reaction score
Might as well replace the whole fender with a rust free one.
Generally if a piece has rust, it'll never stop. That's why people call it cancer. Lol

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
just ordered rear fender patches, and found a rust free southern fender for $80 not far from here. thats gonna take care of all the rust we cant remove by sand blasting. gonna go to the store sometime this week to get all the supplies.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
IMO matte paint looks very cheap, and never looks nearly as good as a clean paintjob.

Agreed and hard to keep clean too. it is not smooth like gloss so dirt sticks real bad

Also, if you look just a little further, you will see you also need a radiator support, your is ROTTEN

dsberman94

Reaction score
And good luck finding one. The ford system shows one left in the system and its at a dealership in tunkhannock pa. And someone fugged up at some point in time and it's not actually there. Lol. So if anyone finds one without rust and for a/c, you could probably make some money on it.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
thats easy find a southern truck thats being parted out any original OBS diesel truck will work. or try LMCtruck.com you can literally build an entire OBS truck from that site

MOST wrecking yards are NOT willing to ship them and you can wipe your A$$ with LMC's junk. It is a gas one they sell you the YOU are left paying the freight on the way back.

Ford obsoleted them about 6 years ago now. The aftermarket lists them, but send you a gas one. You ONLY way to get one is used and they are slim pickens. I buy everyone I can get my hands on

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I didnt mention a wrecking yard because the chances of a wrecking yard having an OBS diesel is slim to none. But if you go to a site and find an OBS being parted out or you just look around and find one being parted out youre more than likely gonna find a good one.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Do a pearl white, just paint it white and then do a pearl coat over. I have always wanted to do this.
IMG_0504.jpg

wildbill963258

Reaction score
now I've heard of people buying the gas radiator core support and cutting them so they can use them for the deisels but if it were me I wouldnt trust that because by cutting them you're weakening the integrity of the core support.