Max rpm our 7.3's can effectively turn

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And that is the exact reason!!! Old ****ty injection components that were not made to work at high RPMS!!!!

I wouldnt say "****ty"... but yes I see the point you are making.

Fuel. With a twist.

Hardware can do it, Software cannot.

Makes good sense to me

It's already been explained quite simply. If you want those kinda rpms you're gonna have to dump some $$$$$$ into it.

Yes I understand the predicament now w/ the 7.3... thanks all.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I definetly wouldn't say that the 7.3 is old and sh!tty, Ben Miller has the most powerful powerstroke in the world and it's a 7.3. But, it will be ancient some day, in another 10 years the 6.0 will be putting down similar #'s as mechanical 7.3's.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I definetly wouldn't say that the 7.3 is old and sh!tty, Ben Miller has the most powerful powerstroke in the world and it's a 7.3. But, it will be ancient some day, in another 10 years the 6.0 will be putting down similar #'s as mechanical 7.3's.

Ben Miller does not have a 7.3. And the 6.0 will become the official gay pride motor in 10 years.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
It's still a 7.3 engine, no matter whether it's HEUI, mechanical, or commonrail. And yes the only thing it had that was 7.3 on it was the block and crank.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The heui of 7.3's is slow and steady... a workhorse fuel injection setup. Not made for hi rpm/hi performance setups. I just didn't understand why, but I have a decent grasp of why.
Mechanical/CR 7.3's are absolutely disgusting though.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The heui of 7.3's is slow and steady... a workhorse fuel injection setup. Not made for hi rpm/hi performance setups. I just didn't understand why, but I have a decent grasp of why.
Mechanical/CR 7.3's are absolutely disgusting though.

The 7.3 injectors are operated by oil and takes longer to do a complete "cycle". Other injectors are just a valve that opens up with pressure. Makes sense?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
YES, and we both know CR can do ALOT more under 2ms than HEUI can.

Truth!

861427_10151222034935876_818447552_o.jpg

:D

neverkickn

Reaction score
Is that an injector flow chart? Fuel quantity on the vertical and duration on the horizontal?

Wackerjr

Reaction score
hmm.

we're running the factory PCM with normal tuning software to run the CR 7.3L, FWIW

:whs:

Software NO PROBLEM>>>>>

Hardware if you keep the IDM happy NO PROBLEM>>>

I have seen 5200 on a log on a 7.3 before... they can do it... just is it worth it is the question...

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

Software NO PROBLEM>>>>>

I have seen 5200 on a log on a 7.3 before... they can do it... just is it worth it is the question...

Idm can do a lot more than the PCM will allow. If someone can ever unlock that door the 7.3 would surprise the sh!t out of a lot of people. Then a lot of injectors would have to be reworked.

I have seen nearly 6K logged. But that doesn't mean squat.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Stroke N Style's truck on video when Swamp's finishes it.

What is it? Is he the guy thats doing a CR 7.3?

The 7.3 injectors are operated by oil and takes longer to do a complete "cycle". Other injectors are just a valve that opens up with pressure. Makes sense?

Yes, that def. makes sense to me

Software NO PROBLEM>>>>>

Was it still making power @ 5200?

Idm can do a lot more than the PCM will allow. If someone can ever unlock that door the 7.3 would surprise the sh!t out of a lot of people. Then a lot of injectors would have to be reworked.

I have seen nearly 6K logged. But that doesn't mean squat.

What do you mean unlock the door of the IDM? Is there a lot to the IDM that we dont know? I was under the impression that the Swamps IDM had a pretty decent door unlocked?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^hell, there's a reason 90% of our snow-plows, agricultural departments, and local contractors have Fords hooked to something that holds their gear:biggun:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.