Mechanical pump

Charles

Reaction score
Is asking what kind of P-pump kind of like asking the number to 911?

Milford

Reaction score
Indeed it is kind sir. I would say any inline mechanical pump by any manufacturer. Cat, cummins, JD, mack, IH as long as its for an 8 cylinder.

Reaction score
Those things sure pull a pretty penny these days.

Yeah, but for what some people spend on injectors these days, and sometimes they do it two or three times, its really a wash as far as the injection pump goes. Its really all the other stuff like injectors, turbo, timing cover, gears, intakes manifolds, valve covers, roller rockers, solid jesel lifers/bushings, pistons, rods, bedplate, machine work, blow proof bellhousing, midplate, crower 4 disc, reverser, drop box, rockwell rear axle, driveshafts, etc. that adds up. The pump is just a small fraction of the total bill.

TARM

Reaction score
And a nice bank acct.

Not afterward I bet :pointlaugh:

I hear ya Nate. I agree. Looking back over all I have spent and its far far less than many have put into there trucks and engines I know I would have done things quit differently if I was starting over.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to waste 20-30 grand before you spent the 20-30 grand that you should have in the first place?

No?

Maybe it was just me then...

Viking

Reaction score
I thought you were supposed to waste 20-30 grand before you spent the 20-30 grand that you should have in the first place?

No?

Maybe it was just me then...

Easiest thing is to just sell your truck and drool over the bad-ass ones on the internet. WAY easier on everything including bank account.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Easiest thing is to just sell your truck and drool over the bad-ass ones on the internet. WAY easier on everything including bank account.

If you're not already married, you and my wife would probably get along...

J/K

Viking

Reaction score
haha, its definitely easie,r but not the path we take on here!! My fiance and I had to come to an agreement that I don't spend anymore money on my truck until after the wedding. I just hope she doen't get too mad when she she sees the pillar filled with gauges haha!!

TARM

Reaction score
Easier yes but no where near as much fun and pain. No better teacher than actual experience.

Latest posts

Members online