Mild-build Compounds

bruce

Reaction score
the s362 moves pretty close if not equal amount of air as the s366 and it will light sooner but it is more expensive.

smoker00

Reaction score
If your dead set on compounds a 362 would be my pick for a high pressure turbo with s475 to s480 in size and no less than a 250/200 injector.

I had compounds on my truck at one time I liked them. but went back to a single.
I love my GTX spool like stock makes good power..

Mite go back to compounds some day. never know..lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
3ms of pw and a 160/100 equals smoky turd. Idk. I dont like how people use injectors. I like shorter pw and the cleaner effect of slammming the fuel in quickly. **** seems to.get hot.

If you've ever ran a well oiled, fueled, stock.setup with long pw tunes its way too.easy to.watch egts climb. Its just my input but I think what Im trying to say is you can have more room to tune your setup with a larger injector. More ability to inject the same amount of fuel as a an ac with whatever nozzle in less time. Lower egts, lower cp, and just a better running setup. Thats what I was alluding to with the.comment about the 175/80s not.being too much for the 38r. The way it was tuned was conservative as far as timing and pw values go. Im not willing to sacrifice clean power for a bigger hp #.

So, what we've got so far is an estimate in compound sizing. I said s362 because it'd spool like.crazy and you' have tremendous boost instantly and with a low pressure turbo there to compound the charge you'd be looking pretty good to run a lower powered towing setup. I guess your goals are going to dictate where you'd land as far as sizing goes because depending on what you decide.for.fuel(injectors) you could have a pretty small set of compounds. An s475 atmosphere?

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
JonathonN-
I'm running a s366 billet wheel 66/74/1.10 and 160/100s it's a fun setup. Tows good and still pretty efficient. Hoping to get it on a dyno in the next few weeks to see what the hp is. Going to dyno it 2 times.
1. Current setup
2. Switch out Joeys modded 17' hpop with a set of Joeys twin pumps and updated tunes from NLTD

JonathanN

Reaction score
Is it closer to 2ms or less as far as that window goes? I seem to remember 2-2.5ms... ether way, if I went bigger it doesn't make any sense to order 200's, 238's, or 250's and not run at least a 200% nozzle. 100% nozzles wouldn't utilize the added fuel of those injectors very well and empty them in a timely manner... 100% nozzles barely empty quick enough for AC's. And yes, I'm thinking s475 or GT4202 (Garrett is cheaper) for atmosphere.

Cloverleaffarm, post up your dyno results if you don't mind. What do you see for boost and EGT's with your setup?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Is it closer to 2ms or less as far as that window goes? I seem to remember 2-2.5ms... ether way, if I went bigger it doesn't make any sense to order 200's, 238's, or 250's and not run at least a 200% nozzle. 100% nozzles wouldn't utilize the added fuel of those injectors very well and empty them in a timely manner... 100% nozzles barely empty quick enough for AC's. And yes, I'm thinking s475 or GT4202 (Garrett is cheaper) for atmosphere.

Cloverleaffarm, post up your dyno results if you don't mind. What do you see for boost and EGT's with your setup?

Im not sure I agree with you there. I have been lead to believe that a 160 doesnt have the fuel in it to be held open that long with a 80 or 100% nozzle.

I think you're on the right track for sizing but not if you are going to.run a medium sized hybrid in the 250/200. Then a slightly larger hp and a larger atmo is almost a recipe. Like an s366 and a s480 or 488....done and it'll make 550ish cool hp. Or it has for most people that do compounds.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If I didnt retire the dually from dd duty, id have it compounded with the biggest s400 based exhaust wheel/housing I could spool... With the billet wheel in my 38r, it lights fast as ***. I could have the fuel brought in easier down low to rid the smoke completely and have more top end with no smoke. Be near or over 500hp, SMOKE FREE.

live life full throttle

smoker00

Reaction score
Im not sure I agree with you there. I have been lead to believe that a 160 doesnt have the fuel in it to be held open that long with a 80 or 100% nozzle.

I think you're on the right track for sizing but not if you are going to.run a medium sized hybrid in the 250/200. Then a slightly larger hp and a larger atmo is almost a recipe. Like an s366 and a s480 or 488....done and it'll make 550ish cool hp. Or it has for most people that do compounds.

W.H.S.

JonathanN

Reaction score

I wouldn't know, honestly... I was at Casserly's mercy when I asked them what nozzle would empty a 160 in that window and I believe what he said was a 100% nozzle emptied a 160 in 2.5ms.

I've never really been a fan of hybrids... while they're good on oil and dump fuel pretty well, by going to a 5-1 piston inside you loose the atomized fuel pressure at the nozzle. Still got 3000psi of oil, but you loose 6000psi of fuel pressure. I know it takes big oil, being I was going to run twins anyways, I personally like just a larger single shot. Basically, a B-code, just maybe not so big.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

When I had the dually live tuned, and jonathan was done I asked him if the fuel was maxed out. He said he could add more fuel to it but jt would drop hp. So to better fully understand it I asked him to add the fuel and not change any other parameters. He did, fogged black smoke and dropped 20hp. Just saying is all... again maybe it proves how much more of a freak my truck is.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online